1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Instagram blocking

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Aniuj Sharma, Dec 19, 2018.

So I am trying to create an instagram account for one of our campaigns.

Here is what I do

• I create a Facebook account and page - YAY! It works :)
    • Then I open Instagram on my PC (trusty old Chrome) and try to sign. - Success (seems like a breeze);)
    • I get a page to choose my handle. I do it.
    • The next time I Log in, I get this :oops:
      Capture (1).png
    NOTE : I had not shared even a single/pic post. In-fact, there was no activity done on this account except creation. Not even a profile pic. I really do not understand how I could have violated any terms.
    This issue has happened twice in a row.

Background: I am working in an office with a common Shared external IP. The thing to note is that we few are the only ones with access to social media (being in digital marketing)

I would appreciate any insights and possible resolution of this issue.

Aniuj Sharma, Dec 19, 2018 IP
  2. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your Instagram account was disabled, you’ll see a message telling you when you try to log in. Please check your email if you have received any notification for disabling your account.
    If not you can try filling out this form:https://help.instagram.com/contact/606967319425038 and check if that works or you can also contact them via sending an email to:

MilesWeb, Dec 20, 2018 IP
  3. joseph350

joseph350 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Recently, Instagram authority is deleting or blocking Instagram accounts that they think to be fake. They do this without any warning or sending any emails. When you didn't login your Instagram account for a few days, they think your account is fake and violating their community guidelines and they disable the account.

joseph350, Dec 21, 2018 IP
  4. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    That's why I hate the point that Facebook bought Instagram. They spoiled a Facebook and now they do the same to Instagram..
    It's time to find something new.

Konnock, Jan 3, 2019 IP
  5. Ben Frost

Ben Frost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Instagram’s bans and blocks are highly mysterious because nobody really know how they work, but I had my account banned and reactivated so let me tell you about my experience and what I know.

When you get temporarily banned, you never know for how long. It can be for hours or even weeks! Sometimes Instagram says how long you are blocked – sometimes not. Instagram’s rules really are a minefield where you never know your destiny.

If you’ve gotten permanently, banned, getting your account back is very hard – but not impossible.

When my account was banned, it was banned for around 20 hours and luckily not any longer.

Ben Frost, Jan 6, 2019 IP
  6. belablack

belablack Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did they send you an email notifying you of why you were banned?

Since most universities and other public places use a shared public IP address it isn't likely that they banned you based on your public IP address.

belablack, Jan 6, 2019 IP
  7. Warren Willy

Warren Willy Member

Best Answers:
    Is it the first account you've created on Instagram or you have multiple ones?
    If second then your IP is simply blocked for numerous accounts created and proxy will help you to solve the issue.

Warren Willy, Jan 13, 2019 IP