1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Citation Flow & Trust Flow - how much is "good"?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Mr.Dog, Jan 2, 2019.

Hi,

My metrics are the following:

Citation Flow: 30
    Trust Flow: 5

I have a feeling that 5 is dreadfully low. But: how much of each is a "good value".

My link profile chart is full of dots on the Citation Flow part of the chart (bottom section below the diagonal line), while on the upper Trust Flow part there are only a few dots.

How can I improve these metrics?

Mr.Dog, Jan 2, 2019 IP
  2. Steven Parker

Steven Parker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How to know which ratio is good to get between Citation Flow and Trust Flow? How to optimize the overall trust of a site? For instance if a Citation Flow is 20 and a Trust Flow 40 then the ratio is 1:2. The highest ratio is 0:9 even if Google has 98:99.

The best ratio seems to be 1. Average Trust to Citation Flow ratio should be 0.50. A high ratio will be delivered to an authoritative and trustworthy website. Like if the website has a Citation Flow much higher than a Trust Flow, there is no doubt that the website is hosting a bunch of low-quality links.

Steven Parker, Jan 2, 2019 IP
  3. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK, so how is the ratio calculated? If I have TF=5 and CF=30, then is my ratio 1:6?

Trust-to-Citation Flow ratio is 5/30=0.166 in my case?

My site has very few outbound links, but many thousands of internal links, some indeed poor quality.

As for inbound links: they're mostly blog comment links (nofollow) - about 90 %, the rest 10 % are guest article links (some dofollow, but most nofollow).

I essentially left the site semi-abandoned for like 4 years. Literally no link building has been done ever since.

Mr.Dog, Jan 2, 2019 IP