1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How / where do you find writers for your content?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by DigitalMarketingManiac, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ^^^Give 'em an inch and the'll take a mile.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Dec 14, 2018 IP
  2. dadaas

dadaas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On freelance sites, I guess a freelancing site is taking some fee from the money earned. I would like to get in contact with writers that write for 1$ per 100 words. I need vegan related articles, tech things, product reviews and stuff like that. Where can I start making connections with people who are willing to write for 1$ per 100 words?

I heard Upwork is a good place, but fees are high I guess. Also on Fiverr, a fee is like 20%, so basically a writer who writes 500 words for 5$ is doing it for 4.

dadaas, Dec 21, 2018 IP
  3. KinglyDollars

KinglyDollars Peon

Best Answers:
    Having worked as a writer/editor (and then a recruiter) in my past life, my two cents of opinion would be that there is no one go-to place for good writers; you can find them from pretty much anywhere. This includes (but isn't limited to) markets like Craigslist, already-mentioned forums such as Fiver and Upwork, hiring from professional websites like LinkedIn, or even trying out forums such as this (DP).

For example, I once worked with a writer from Africa for 3+ years and she always delivered on time and very professionally in spite of being from a different timezone and all. Matter of fact, her writing was way better than many (if not all) of the writers I worked with from the so-called professional writing services in the U.S. and Europe.

One of the key issues you may want to consider is ensuring that the hiring/vetting process is meticulous. Reviewing samples is a great practice, but we all know that writing samples can be bought, downloaded, or even stolen from other writers. As such, it would be advisable to include a TIMED and PAID practical writing test to help assess the writer's skills beyond the samples. Timed because writing is all about deadlines, and you'd want to work with someone who can deliver according to your deadlines. Paid is to motivate the writer, and also help build trust (show the writer that you are ready to deliver on your promises, as well). I digress; if you give non-paid tests, a good number of professional writers will not do it--largely because many "employers" use this tactic to solicit free content while masquerading the content (that will be posted in their target websites and blogs) as trials/tests.

Once you vet the writers thoroughly and are settled on the one(s) you want to hire, kindly ensure that your compensation is fair... commensurate on the writer's skills, qualifications and/or any added benefits. It would be plain silly to find a writer with a decade of experience and the ability to produce sterling content yet want to pay them the kind of peanuts that are often offered by SOME employers on sites like Upwork. A motivated writer, just like any other motivated worker, will most likely want to deliver to the best of his/her ability as a reward for your fair compensation. When you lowball them, they will most likely stick around at your place while shopping for other offers. And when a better-paying opportunity comes, they will drop your cheap ass and run for the new opportunity, leaving you with the burden of trying to find replacements.

Finally, if the hiring process is too demanding for you, you could always hire a professional recruiter to do the job for you, preferably someone who has solid experience in hiring writers/editors/translators etc. Alternatively, search for web content sites that have a good reputation for hiring the best writers. I can't think of many sites, but Askwonder .com comes to mind as one of such options. From my experience with Askwonder, I know that they have some pretty good writers, thanks to their unique system that allows written content to be thoroughly checked by well-trained analysts and editors. Through such sites, you will get custom writings tailored to suit your needs at varying prices, depending on your budget and the number of articles you need.

All in all, I wish you all the best and hope that this info will help.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    KinglyDollars, Jan 1, 2019 IP
  4. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried fiverr?
    There are some bloggers/content writers that will write good content for you at reasonable cost.

MilesWeb, Jan 2, 2019 IP
  5. AnnRyan

AnnRyan Peon

Best Answers:
    Contact me here. I have extensive SEO writing experience and charge affordable rates.

AnnRyan, Mar 2, 2019 IP