1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wordpress Code Access to Restricted Content without Registration

Discussion in 'Programming' started by canaryspace, Dec 11, 2018.

Ok this is completely past my knowledge but I need to have this function and wondering if anyone can help or know of a plugin that can do this job..

1. I have content on my Wordpress site that I want to restrict by a time frame, say 7 days.
    2. A user needs to enter a code to access the restricted content.
    3. When a user enters the code, the timer for the restricted content starts and expires 7 days from when they first entered the code.
    4. The user does not need to register to the Wordpress site. Access is to restricted content is provided through simply entering the code.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

canaryspace, Dec 11, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How do you get around the user starting the 7 days over by using a different browser or device?
    It looks like a simple cookie or local storage job that a motivated user can easily bypass

sarahk, Dec 11, 2018 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As @sarahk implied unless YOU are providing UNIQUE codes, you are wasting your time as anyone with a brain stub can reset access at any time.

mmerlinn, Dec 17, 2018 IP