1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting, plugin, analytic traffic data all wildly different

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Charlie Miller, Nov 23, 2018.

Hi all,

I recently created a new Wordpress blog, i presume i'm not allowed to link to it in this category so i won't, and the stats (however small numbers) on traffic have large variances between them. The hosting, plugin (jetpack) and google analytic quoted numbers on traffic are all very different, i'm not very up to speed with how these things track traffic but i can only presume they attempt to extrapolate or predict the traffic which accounts for the differences?

Which analytics tool is the best to stick with checking? Is google analytics the industry standard?

Thanks in advance,

Charlie

Charlie Miller, Nov 23, 2018 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yes GA is the industry standard. One source of the difference is the number of non-human visitors. GA doesn't register the visits from crawlers and spiders.

dcristo, Nov 23, 2018 IP
    Suckerpunch likes this.
  3. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hello there,

As dcristo said, GA is the best, plus you have alot of features inside.. you can generate and track what you want, when you want.. you can exclude your IP on stats or your team IPs...etc

Goodluck

themes4all, Nov 24, 2018 IP
  4. Charlie Miller

Charlie Miller Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks both, i presumed a lot of the data was coming from non human traffic, does GA decrypt the search terms from google or is that still hidden?

Charlie Miller, Nov 27, 2018 IP
  5. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Google Analytics is the standard tool that many businesses use to track their website traffic and improve their website rankings. It also helps you to find the pages that need improvements.

MilesWeb, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  6. AlphaNine_Vini

AlphaNine_Vini Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend to use Google analytics only. It is more advance to give you the correct stats of visitors and even on real time basis. You can track your sales, conversions and signups. Is there a lot of traffic difference between Google analytics and Jetpack ? Can you tell us the difference in percentage ?

AlphaNine_Vini, Dec 6, 2018 IP
  7. Suckerpunch

Suckerpunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will get some search word information but not a whole lot. A large percentage will be encrypted and reported as (not provided) or (not set).

Suckerpunch, Dec 8, 2018 IP