1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A Random Video Chat Site with 5 Varieties of Video Chat

Discussion in 'Websites' started by canaryspace, Nov 29, 2018.

?

Do you find any of the services useful?

1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Please take a look at a website that I put together over the last week using a budget script I bought from an online store. What I wanted to do was create a Chatroulette clone but progressed to offering more video chat services. As I was building it, the ideas started to flow.

I decided to offer not only the random video chat but also group video chat, private one to one chat, private group chat and public file sharing.

The site uses WEBRTC to serve the chat videos and works on Android through Chrome and Safari, Chrome, Firefox and IE on desktop.

Take a look and have a play around with the various video chat features and let me know what you think and how I could improve it.

The site URL is https://randomvideochat.org

Thank you for taking a look.

canaryspace, Nov 29, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Why wouldn't I just use zoom, skype or google hangouts?

sarahk, Nov 29, 2018 IP
  3. canaryspace

canaryspace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is there any point in building anything? Why not read someone elses blog rather than yours? Why not use that forum instead of this one? ETC ETC ETC

Your reply is really unhelpful, is this how you get 24,000+ messages, you must have a boring life!

I'll tell you something you don't know about me, I had the very first chat site before Hangouts came along which was an exact copy of my own site, Google de-ranked me and I have been fighting for compensation ever since. READ THE PDF HERE https://www.dropbox.com/s/7k49z847jhx6o5y/google.pdf?dl=0

And why use my site? It is quite obvious that you only post to get more messages and don't even bother to read the sites that are here to review. Have you bothered? NO you haven't because if you did bother to even look at my site...

1. The analytics would have shown someone visiting more than the homepage, which they haven't.
    2. You would have read the About page here https://randomvideochat.org/about-random-video-chat/ to understand why I bothered to build this site.

Now please do not bother replying to any of my posts as your reply is basically no help at all and I have absolute zero time for people just posting crap to get their profile status bigger.

canaryspace, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your analytics are crap because I tried to do a random chat, looked at the public chat. Nothing possible with either. See any NZ traffic there? I didn't check your about us page, I normally would, but I couldn't see any special that hadn't been done by chat roulette (was that 10 years ago?) and the big players. I'm unlikely to be your target market but I was still interested.

Why does anyone do anything?
    Because they believe they do it better for the niche audience they're targeting.

It's always a risk when you develop something good that a big player will take your idea and squeeze you out of the market. You can have patents and copyright but if you don't have the dollars to fight with you lose. You factor that into your business plan and have an exit strategy mapped out.

sarahk, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  5. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    "Nothing possible with either" Really?
    Please get back to writing your boring blog pages will you. At least I can program something other than a pathetic Wordpress blog.

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Omg Simon did you run that letter past anyone before you sent it? It is incoherent and unprofessional. I fail to see why your being a "family man" has any bearing... would it be ok if you were single? a woman? old?

You claim to have been around in the early days, rofl, your sire wasn't on geocities so, no, anything after 2000 isnt that old.

You claim to have had a huge user base - so why is search so important? Why weren't your users returning?

[​IMG]
    You show the deranking happening after your site had already taken a huge hit. What else was going on in your niche to cause that?

Are you sure they weren't complaining about keyword stuffing?
    https://web.archive.org/web/20120416044136/http://www.liveonlinechat.net:80/

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    sarahk, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  7. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    My "sire"? Do you mean "Site". Please take a good look at your own writing before dissing others.

Please go back to your crappy boring blogs and learn how to spell.

You seriously are a sad sack of ***t aren't you! Don't expect any more replies from me to fuel your obvious need of increasing your post count on DP. ;)

8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A typo on a forum post is one thing, an incoherent rambling making legal claims is another.

2005 wasn't the start of the internet
    2003 was the start of MySpace - long before your first ever social network and MySpace was unlikely to have been the first

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    sarahk, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You came on here asking for a review. She gave you one but you didn't like it and now you've gone off the rails. Why would anyone else give you a review if you are going to cop an attitude like this? I suppose if you got a positive review you'd be all smiles. So that's it, only positive reviews allowed?

Spoiltdiva, Nov 30, 2018 IP
    PinterestUsers? likes this.
  10. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    It wasn't a review, it was a question that quite frankly had nothing to do with reviewing the site functions. Absolutely no help at all. If this is what DP has come to, forget it! Too many people here posting utter crap to get higher message numbers!

Now lets start again, please review the site, the functions and pretend that no other site exists the same.

11. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    I'd like to tidy this up and start again.

To sarahk You have to register with all the other sites you mentioned, you don't with the one I put together, there is a market for that somewhere. The ability to send a link and automatically join a group or private chat without logging in or signing up, a sort of disposable video chat is what I tried to achieve. I have tested with a couple of friends, they like it and it works for us.

Yes I do not get on with Google one bit, they make my blood boil most of the time.

There is always room in the internet business to create variations of something else. MySpace was the biggest social network at the time, look what happened to that. Facebook is the biggest social network now. Times change, people move on, things shift.

So what I wanted was a genuine review not an argument, not a slagging match and not abuse.

12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It had everything to do with your site not selling it's advantages quickly and efficiently. If a user has to ask then your site has failed.

Our posts overlapped. Maybe you need to promote the anonymity part more strongly and look at who those users are - people in countries with invasive governments,
    - who else?

And if privacy is so important why they uee your site and not something available on Tor.

sarahk, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I know that I'm going to regret this but.......what possible good does having a higher post number give you?

Spoiltdiva, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  14. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    Most of my friends don't like giving their info to social networks but rely on them to converse with others. Also another point is the non downloading of software or installation of an app to use the features. I'm constantly surrounded by 50+ year olds who just want to chat without the hassle of software installation or apps. I don't have Facebook, another story there and another PDF, BBB case. I don't have Twitter, another case there. I don't get on with the big monopolies. In my case and there are a lot of us in a similar situation, what I put together is ideal for us, obviously not everyone and certainly not the majority. If I could hit 0.1% of the market, it would be profitable, however, I'm not after a profit, just a service amongst people who may find it useful.

Ideally I would like to test it with maybe 10 to 15 people in the public group chat to see how it works, to check the server resources, to find the glitches and fix them. I'm not good at SEO, I don't have any reach on social media, so anything I do, I find it extremely hard to promote. I work very hard building things but I have probably a 99% fail rate. The 1% is through trying and trying and learning by my mistakes.

15. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    Spoiltdiva I don't know other than maybe it looks good to newcomers.

16. PinterestUsers?

PinterestUsers? Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think it looks great so far!

Remember to keep promoting to get more users!

PinterestUsers?, Nov 30, 2018 IP
  17. canaryspace

Best Answers:
  18. PinterestUsers?

PinterestUsers? Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Anytime canaryspace

PinterestUsers?, Nov 30, 2018 IP
    canaryspace likes this.
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Have you made any changes or just decided to cut your losses and sell?

sarahk, Dec 11, 2018 IP
  20. canaryspace

Best Answers:
    I'm kind of in a desperate situation right now. I'm selling off what I can to get some cash for Xmas. Want to know the truth? I am flat broke with a newborn, 6 year old and wife to support. I lost all my savings over the summer when my wife was in hospital at 19 weeks to 31 weeks PPROM. I had my son to support on my own and my wife was in hospital in Gran Canaria, we live in Fuerteventura. Paying flights, accommodation, rent on our house and basically not being able to work has wiped me out. We are due compensation from the government but it has not come through yet and basically I am in a bit of a panic. I don't have much work on at all, lost a lot of clients over the summer and the only way out is to sell what I have and start again after Xmas. Sales are also right down on my main website, just breaking even, so I'm basically screwed.

Nothing has changed on the site, it is how it was exactly when I posted about it here. It has started to get it's first little bit of organic traffic though, not enough to shout about, but is a good sign I suppose.

canaryspace, Dec 11, 2018 IP