1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone here used freelancer.com

Discussion in 'Programming' started by RightAngle, Apr 23, 2018.

I just used freelancer for the first time and in my opinion it’s ridiculous. I feel cheated, my site has been messed up for days. I keep getting the run around from freelancer and the programmer a gave the job.

Have anyone been treated unfairly by them?

RightAngle, Apr 23, 2018 IP
  2. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I used it for several times, and my experience wasn't good...

I think just one or two tasks were completed properly. My biggest problem was task being completed, but not meeting my specifications or had problems. In other words, freelancers didn't bother to read the documentation and/or test their product in full.

And I selected freelancers with caution, ignoring all those Indian people who post "I can do it in 2 days" in 1 minute after I post job request. Come on, it's not even enough to time to read project's requirements in 1 minute. To sum up, that place is full of inexperienced, low-competence wannabe-programmers who don't even know what they do...

phpmillion, Apr 23, 2018 IP
  3. cyphix

cyphix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    These freelancer sites you have to be very careful with, I know it may be tempting to pick the cheapest offer, but a lot of the time it can end up in disaster; have heard many a horror story.

Personally I dislike freelancer.com, the interface felt horrible to me and I much preferred odesk (now upwork) and peopleperhour. But not matter the platform you have to be careful of who you hire.

cyphix, May 10, 2018 IP
  4. YYDevelop

YYDevelop Member

Best Answers:
    Are you looking to get a job there or are you looking for someone to do the work for you?
    I personally don't like that kind of website from both perspectives.
    I rather try and find people do to work for my directly and when i do work myself i rather that people will contact me directly.
    I have also tried using freelancer in the past and didn't like it.

YYDevelop, May 29, 2018 IP
  5. Cherie Willis

Cherie Willis Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the jobs are fake and if you accept any job by mistake they'll take there commission irrespective of you get project or no.

Cherie Willis, May 29, 2018 IP
  6. Vig

Vig Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't stand Freelancer honestly. I prefer to use Upwork of Fiverr. I think I can honestly say the quality at Fiverr is either the same or above the quality on Freelancer, which is crazy to say.

Vig, May 30, 2018 IP
  7. pagecoder

pagecoder Banned

Best Answers:
    Freelancer is a great site. You need to be careful about what kind of freelancer you are choosing. You get what you paid for. right? its not your fault. You trust them and at what they committed. But like any other business you have to be careful.
    I'm sorry about what you have experienced there. But there are few good programmers in real or online world now. Self-taught programmers who claim to know everything and do it in 2 days are not good.
    wish you get a better experience next time

pagecoder, May 31, 2018 IP
  8. SMTPBOXES

SMTPBOXES Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As a freelancer (worker) I was happy between 2011 and 2014 . Then I gave up and many as me gave up as it got flooded by indians, pakistans and cheaters. They were so good in cheating that I couldn't convince the employer that I can do it. So don't look the ratings.. you'll have bad experience. Look for someone who just started up and having >95% success.

SMTPBOXES, Jun 6, 2018 IP
  9. pagecoder

pagecoder Banned

Best Answers:
    Agree with you 100%... and ya, I'm Pakistani

pagecoder, Jun 6, 2018 IP
  10. Ian Murphy

Ian Murphy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have a bad experience with it!

Ian Murphy, Aug 31, 2018 IP
  11. Arun Kumar Soni

Arun Kumar Soni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not a good one

Arun Kumar Soni, Sep 1, 2018 IP
  12. Fernando V

Fernando V Member

Best Answers:
    I have used as freelancer and it looks like platform is not filtering freelancers and companies very well. There are too much bad quality companies and freelancer. There are other freelancing platforms, I don't recommend any of them because I stopped using them, just because all are the same. For now I prefer to provide services locally.

Fernando V, Nov 28, 2018 IP
  13. sumeetm4u

sumeetm4u Member

Best Answers:
    Never ever use freelancer.com. I had a very bad experience with them.

sumeetm4u, Dec 26, 2018 IP
  14. 20199

20199 Peon

Best Answers:
    Freelancing websites have same interest as freelancers. They will do everything to take your moneny becasuse they live from freelancer's work. Freečancing websites are biased and you will always lose dispute with freealancer. Freelancer.com is extremly unfriendly service. Avoid them.

20199, Jan 2, 2019 IP
  15. zimadev

zimadev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had a good experience. I have use freelancer as a worker and also hired professionals and it turned out ok. I guess that you should never pick the cheapest proposal (that won't ever turn out good) and check the ratings of the professionals.

zimadev, Jan 3, 2019 IP
  16. 20199

20199 Peon

Best Answers:
    80% of Europe and US work 5usd per hour but on Freelancer where should be auction of rates you can not set less than 5 usd. Many Indians, Pakistani people would happily work for 0.5 or 1 USD as they used to 2007 ... Today risky Indian from Freealncer cost more then locals. Freelancer want big turn arounds, prices go up, and disputes, resolution are freelance prone

20199, Jan 3, 2019 IP
  17. Xentios

Xentios Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I can't get my money for 2 months now. And they charge money for everything. Even taking quizzes!
    Worst part of it you can't even bid at a job when they take at least 5$ for every job you do.

Xentios, Jan 12, 2019 IP
  18. Alice Egger

Alice Egger Peon

Best Answers:
    Firstly, update your profile properly 100 %. And updates your skills. After done two or three projects, your freelance id will work good.

Alice Egger, Jan 18, 2019 IP
  19. BlindWoman

BlindWoman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. I really don`t really need a job, how many employees from this site. Most decent people come across.

BlindWoman, Feb 10, 2019 IP