1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice please

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by cloudybutnice4, Nov 13, 2018.

Hello
    A quick glance at my previous post on DP will let you know just how much of a novice I am at this stuff.
    Incidentally, I followed the advice I was given and am pleased to say Peter's computer is now connected to the internet again, thank-you, but now I've got another problem.

I have a website, Peter built it for me based upon 'Wordpress' and I have loved keeping it going. I've now received an email on his computer from a company called 'Namecheap' which says the registration for my website will soon expire and inviting him/me to renew, but when I click on the link they provide their own website seems to be undergoing work of some kind.

I was under the impression that my website was hosted by a company called something like Galaxy Web Solutions, so my question is this.

If I fail to renew with Namecheap or if their site doesn't come back up in time for me to renew. Will my website disappear forever?

Thank-you.

cloudybutnice4, Nov 13, 2018 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you are already with NameCheap NOTHING will happen if you do not renew with them. Contact your current domain provider to find out when your registration must be renewed.

mmerlinn, Nov 13, 2018 IP
  3. cloudybutnice4

cloudybutnice4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    How do I find out who my current domain provider is?

cloudybutnice4, Nov 13, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    go to http://whois.domaintools.com/mysitenamegoeshere.com
    and it will tell you who the registrar - in this example it is, indeed, namecheap
    upload_2018-11-15_12-48-53.png

There is a separate domain registration fee that may or may not be included in your hosting. You can pay for X years in advance which is how you will see some domains with stuff like this:
    upload_2018-11-15_12-50-9.png

So what you are paying for is:
    • domain - the right to use an address
    • hosting - the right to run a website and have visitors

sarahk, Nov 14, 2018 IP
  5. cloudybutnice4

cloudybutnice4 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank-you so much for this.

cloudybutnice4, Nov 14, 2018 IP