1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Trying to Pay but...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mytechiestuff, Nov 11, 2018.

Just tried to buy a site at the BIN price, using my PayPal account which I use every where without a problem and got this -
    "This sale requires potential buyers to have a linked premium or business PayPal account."

Can you please tell me what this is all about?

Solved! View solution.
    mytechiestuff, Nov 11, 2018 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When you signed up you SAID that you READ the Terms of Service for Digital Point. Since you HAVE read the TOS, why in hell are you here asking such a SILLY question WHICH YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER TO? In other words, WHY the SPAM post?

mmerlinn, Nov 11, 2018 IP
  3. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My dear fellow, I "signed up" many many years ago!
    DP was a lot different at that time.

Also, I have been off line for a while.

I asked the question because I am not able to make a simple payment, using the same method as I had used to make a recent payment to DP!

In any case, why are you soooo upset about this mmerlinn?
    A little politeness and goodwill is what is needed here!

4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I always thought you only need a business account for selling on DP. Wait till one of the mods or @digitalpoint point you in the right direction.

qwikad.com, Nov 11, 2018 IP
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    malky66, Nov 11, 2018 IP
    mmerlinn and mytechiestuff like this.
  6. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    Thank you for this malky66.
    Yes the seller has just said that he has changed his "selling settings" and has asked me to try again.

So you are correct in as much that the seller had selected the option for the settings to accept only the payments from the premium, linked in etc PayPal accounts.

I think that was a default selection though and that the seller had not realised that he was potentially restricting his sales by asking for the payments only via "premium linked in etc" accounts.

I wonder if the sales setting for paypal are set by default to ask for these premium accounts and then the sellers have to change the said settings in order to allow the payments via normal account.

Surely it would be better to have normal process of using PayPal as default, as opposed to trying to force the "linked, premium or business account" on to the purchasers of stuff here on DP.

7. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I can tell it's switched off by default, the seller has to check the box to enable it.

malky66, Nov 11, 2018 IP
  8. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    I do not sell here, so may be some seller could kindly enlighten us as to if the default setting is the normal papal account or if the default setting is the business/linked in account.
    Its just that I find it hard to believe that the sellers will actually make an effort to make the settings more restrictive for the buyers of their products or services!

mytechiestuff, Nov 12, 2018 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It’s off by default.

digitalpoint, Nov 16, 2018 IP