1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How does it affects SEO when changing website theme?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seovcim, Oct 30, 2018.

hello all,

I have a website and it was running for social media and news magazine but after a while, it is changed to podcasting and news magazine website. How does this affect seo and performance and how to get rank on keyword "podcast".

seovcim, Oct 30, 2018 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's possible you'll have a slight drop in organic traffic for a few days, then it should all get back to normal.

PS Your title says "website theme" (as in website design) so I am replying to that. If you're in the process of changing the site's content, meta descriptions, keywords and so on, then it's hard to predict. It can go either way.

qwikad.com, Oct 31, 2018 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Assuming the theme has been created with SEO in mind, it shouldn't affect rankings much at all. Just make sure you don't change the URL structure.

dcristo, Oct 31, 2018 IP
  4. sigen

sigen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Rankings will obviously change because you are going to rank for another keyword. When you change the theme of the website you basically start from the beginning, but with some boost as you site already has traffic, backlinks etc.

sigen, Oct 31, 2018 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That's not correct. The theme (design) will change but the content (keywords) will remain the same.

dcristo, Oct 31, 2018 IP
  6. DigitalNT

DigitalNT Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think changing the theme really affects your traffic just as long as you don't do anything to the URL

DigitalNT, Nov 6, 2018 IP
  7. Orol

Orol Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think the rankings will change. It may change when responding to other factors. It may be an improvement to the user factor.

Orol, Nov 11, 2018 IP