1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best PHP IDE???

Discussion in 'PHP' started by shavin, May 26, 2009.

1. HostRaT3r

HostRaT3r Peon

Best Answers:
    PHPStorm...

HostRaT3r, Nov 3, 2018 IP
  2. BlackTooth

BlackTooth Peon

Best Answers:
    Eclipse good one as for me

BlackTooth, Nov 3, 2018 IP
  3. saveyou

saveyou Active Member

Best Answers:
    Me personally don't need any IDE, sublime text editor is more that enough, fast search and lightweight.

saveyou, Nov 15, 2018 IP
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is an IDE.

NetStar, Nov 16, 2018 IP
  5. volkankey

volkankey Member

Best Answers:
    My favourite is Notepad ++

volkankey, Nov 25, 2018 IP
  6. AndresB

AndresB Peon

Best Answers:
    I vote for SublimeText. It comes well stylized, and you can also put it to your liking easily and you can add snippets that are available

[​IMG]

AndresB, Jul 16, 2019 IP
    NetStar likes this.
  7. Juan Smith

Juan Smith Peon

Best Answers:
    Currently the best is Visual Studio Code, in my view.

Juan Smith, Jul 26, 2019 IP
  8. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Look out, here comes crazy Uncle Jason talking about "pointless space wasting controls and tools that just make you work harder, not smarter"

I don't like IDE's, regardless of language. Any in-built code checking usually lags behind the actual language implementation, they often second guess me on things where I know what I'm F**ing doing, they waste a slew of screen space on toolbars, sidebars, tabs, and all sorts of extra crap that just gets in my damned way, and would be better used to actually show the huffing code I'm trying to edit.

They're often weighted down with "management" tools that take longer and are harder to work with than just maintaining well organized directories and file names, garbage FTP clients or compiler integration that's crippled/pointless compared to the real deal...

... and then they waste megabytes of code on doing kilobytes job.

That's before we talk the crap they share with many "programmers editors" that also just make working with the code harder. From tabbed interfaces making it harder to work with things in separate windows (the entire huffing point of having windows, large displays, and multiple displays), autocorrecting bullshit that I end up having to go back and manually "uncorrect" as it wasn't wrong, auto-completion with the same failing where I end up screaming at the screen "Oh for f*** sake, just let me type it in!", the idiotic illegible acid-trip of colours that is the useless halfwitted "syntax highlighting", etc, etc, etc.

Hence why my weapon of choice regardless of programming language -- ASM, C, C++, Pascal, ADA, PHP, JS, HTML, CSS -- is Flo's Notepad 2, which is based on Scintilla without being a total piece of Scite. (that last bit's a joke, the official demo for Scintilla is actually called Scite!).

It's clean, minimalist, has just enough ACTUALLY useful tools (brace matching, indentation guides, wrap guides/markers, character set juggling, regex search/replace, indentation management) and either lacks or lets me turn off all the crap that just gets in my damned way!

deathshadow, Aug 6, 2019 IP
  9. sbenjamin81

sbenjamin81 Peon

Best Answers:
    I prefer netbeans because it covers many different programming languages. Nusphere and PHP storm also good. I started on notepad, but quickly discovered the benefits of an IDE.

sbenjamin81, Oct 24, 2019 IP