1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

F You PayPal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by coreygeer, Oct 16, 2018.

This has to be an utter joke. Someone just got away with scamming me out of $400 for services rendered to them. I uploaded clear evidence of those services being delivered, them thanking me for the services rendered, the actual services and a text from them saying they were going to open a dispute because they had credit card debt.

It doesn't matter. I doubt they even looked through the case and it was closed within a few hours in the buyer's favor. This is a scary time for freelancers. PayPal is an utter joke. Their email support is outsourced to New Delhi, India and all you get are generic copy/paste responses without anyone actually investigating your inquiry.

Without getting a response from a high executive, there's literally nothing you can do. I guess this is just how it is now. A buyer can open a dispute and get their money back with no effort and no investigation done on their part.

I have contacted all of their Twitter accounts numerous times with no response in 3 days, I have contacted their executive email with no response and their typical customer support contact channel just gives generic answers. This is absolutely asinine. This person just got away with scamming me out of $400. I didn't know this because I haven't had a single dispute since 2014 but apparently, they changed their policy to protect buyers for digital services.

So, if you're a freelancer and sell digital services, beware. No matter how much evidence you have that you've actually provided the services, your case will be handled by some poorly paid person who doesn't even look into your case that reads off of a script. I hope in my lifetime, we see a PayPal competitor that's relevant. This is ridiculous but I'm not going to stop fighting this.

I will email the CEO if I find their email and every email I find until they either ban me or rectify this situation because this is utter bullshit. How the hell can someone get away with this? Even in their dispute notes: It was very vague, all they said was "commissioned piece not received". To you, scammer: I hope karma is real because you're a piece of trash.

coreygeer, Oct 16, 2018 IP
  2. XiNiX

XiNiX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thats very unfortunate indeed.

From my perspective - PayPal mostly supports buyers but if you can provide some good number of dicuments epecially related to delivery it would surely help. Have you tried calling them ? You can call to live support by support PIN - they were always helpful.

I have heard several cases where calling ( repeatedly ) works. Different Agents actually might give different opinions for the same issue.

PayPal, like any other online payment system, has policies which will work against sellers if they do not take the necessary steps to ensure that they deliver and can prove this. Without tracking, the buyer may receive the item and claim that they have not set eyes on the package. The item can be placed at the buyer’s door then stolen. In this case, the seller will be liable because the buyer will claim that they never received the item and there is nothing to prove they did.

XiNiX, Oct 19, 2018 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Sorry to hear man what freelance site did this happen on?

dcristo, Oct 19, 2018 IP
  4. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What number are you calling? Every time I have ever called their support, I was routed to New Delhi and it was like I was talking to robots. They just give generic script responses to anything you ask and will not help you.

coreygeer, Oct 20, 2018 IP
  5. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Unfortunately, it was a deal made over emails. I uploaded all of those emails, even the one of her thanking me for the work provided. I don't think they even looked at anything I uploaded, it was closed really fast and all she put in her notes was 'commissioned piece not received.'

coreygeer, Oct 20, 2018 IP
  6. mike30

mike30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Something similar happened to me around 2014. I got scammed for around $600. I stopped selling digital products and services through PayPal and started using cryptocurrencies. That's the way to protect yourself as a seller.

mike30, Oct 21, 2018 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    It's not perfect though since not many people use cryptocurrencies.

dcristo, Oct 21, 2018 IP
  8. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    You are absolutely right. Moreover that cryptocurrencies not accepts everywhere.

DON.

deluxdon, Oct 23, 2018 IP
  9. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's technically not Paypal, they piggyback on Visa and Mastercard policies for chargeback/dispute resolution. And the company that issues the buyer's credit or debit card is who decides the winner of a dispute. Guess who they're biased for?

In short as a merchant selling without being able to swipe or use the chip on the card, you cannot win a dispute if the customer claims they did not receive, or that the services provided were not what was agreed on. For merchants who ship products, it's similar. There's no way to prove that a customer received a package, so if a buyer files a dispute that they didn't receive it, the seller will lose every time.

jestep, Oct 25, 2018 IP
  10. coreygeer

coreygeer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Regardless, I've switched to Stripe. I cannot believe I haven't done this sooner. They can have that account. From the transactions I've had so far, I'm saving money on the fees too.

coreygeer, Oct 29, 2018 IP
  11. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same thing happen to me... it sucked. she tried to help me but she had no clue what to do.
    I was really pissed off but didn't say anything.. Just stopped using PayPal.

c4cyber, Dec 7, 2018 IP