1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Wordpress best program for making websites these days?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Captainkirk91, May 1, 2017.

1. ShortGuyzRule

ShortGuyzRule Active Member

Best Answers:
    @deathshadow

I judged you too hastily before....I must've simply comeacross a procession of the "wrong kind" of posts from you.... But I retract my previous statements, clearly you're not "just a troll" nor are you "all about the problem with 0 solution to offer"....I stand corrected

ShortGuyzRule, Mar 19, 2018 IP
    kk5st likes this.
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Water under the bridge.

deathshadow, Mar 20, 2018 IP
  3. Sankalp Patil

Sankalp Patil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes its fairly popular way to make websites but not the best one. There are many good CMS for creating website on now a days. Just you have to know which CMS is good for crating your website. for example Wordpress is not best way to create eCommerce website and Magento will be not a good choice to make personal websites.

Sankalp Patil, Mar 30, 2018 IP
  4. l_i_z

l_i_z Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm really comfortable with Wordpress. It is very convenient and cpanel offers one-click installation. There are lots of free themes and free plugins too.

l_i_z, Apr 7, 2018 IP
  5. victoria.onilab

victoria.onilab Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress works for blogs and simple websites. If you want an online store, consider shopify, woocommerce as cheap variants or Magento if you are after something more exquisite:)

victoria.onilab, Apr 10, 2018 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Of course I was nowhere to be found. Sales via my website have been inundating me. Currently, I have a three-month backlog that keeps getting longer leaving me little time to do anything else.

Just have not had time to listen to you whine about how perfect you are (NOT) and how out of touch you think I am while I am making money hand over fist using an UGLY DATED website that works almost EVERYWHERE.

Like they say, the proof is in the pudding. While I have been busy PROFITING off of my site, you have had so little to do that you come here to whine, moan, and cry because you are so bored waiting for your broken site to produce a profit.

I am busier now than I have been in over 40 years, all because of the UGLY website I started building in 2007. And I keep getting busier and busier while you keep moaning and groaning. Does not look like I am ever going to have time to retire which most people said I should have done a decade ago instead of building a website.

And I see that @deathshadow is still trying to educate the the dumbos pushing Turdpress et alia. He is fighting a losing battle as he well knows, but he must keep trying. And he should have retired himself over a decade ago, though I suspect that he would be bored stiff if he could not help steer people AWAY from all of the crap that passes for web 'designing' today.

mmerlinn, Jun 2, 2018 IP
  7. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is pure ass

locals, Jun 9, 2018 IP
  8. Willowy

Willowy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, in my opinion wordpress is pretty good, as it's a very flexible and easy to use format. I know that when I was making a site I came across various programs but I had a lot of issues with every one of them. Finally I bumped across wordpress and it's allowed me to present the program I wanted to present appropriately.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2018
    Willowy, Oct 23, 2018 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    wow, I didn't realise people still "bumped" into WordPress. What were the others that you tried?

sarahk, Oct 24, 2018 IP
  10. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There's always another nube, rube, or bumpkin ready to be suckered. Remember the words of P.T. Barnum.

deathshadow, Oct 24, 2018 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  11. joseph350

joseph350 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you think of building a website of a few pages and updating your site very often, then WordPress is the best program for your websites. WordPress also offers you the best opportunity to make a good website at low cost . But WordPress sites are not so dynamic as websites created using other programs such as ASP. Net, Java, Python, Ruby, etc. So, if you’re planning to spend a lot to build a dynamic website, then ASP.NET is the best program for making a website.

joseph350, Dec 22, 2018 IP
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're speaking from a deep technical side... meaning you are looking at the code and saying "I could make this 10,000 times better. It should be 10,000 times better". But the truth is the code works. And although you are correct it absolutely doesn't stop people from launching very successful blogs. Especially since the success is dependent on the content you post rather than the platform you use. Despite wordpress not being the highest quality of code and still using bad practice programming styles it is still STABLE and VERY capable for 99% of peoples needs for a blog or even content management system. With that said... there's nothing wrong with the platform other than your opinion (maybe even factual) that should have been programmed differently.

NetStar, Dec 22, 2018 IP
    macstux and sarahk like this.
  13. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You don't even have to be a programmer to know that what you've said is complete bollocks. You need to back up your statement before you lose all credibility. Comparing a script written in a language to other languages is ridiculous - it's the scripts you build that are dynamic, not the language itself.

sarahk, Dec 22, 2018 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  14. macstux

macstux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Arn't you using WordPress for you websites(signature)

What is your opinion?

macstux, Jan 29, 2019 IP
  15. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I like it, it's fast and efficient and that counts. I can get newbies to maintain their content with minimal fuss. I frequently take inspiration from it for a custom cms I maintain for a client.

All of deathshadow's concerns are valid but I don't have the time or inclination to recreate the wheel. In the old days I used to create my own templates and that prevented much of the bloat. Times have moved on and it's now more practical to use one off the shelf but that opens you up to the quality problems.

sarahk, Jan 29, 2019 IP
  16. macstux

macstux Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can’t agree more!

macstux, Jan 30, 2019 IP
  17. marakillton

marakillton Peon

Best Answers:
    I think, yes. But that depend on your goals. WordPress is quite hard plaform. It's better to use it if you know some coding. If you don't, you might try other builders: Wix, GoDaddy, Mobirise, 8b and so on.

marakillton, May 17, 2019 IP
  18. gunsnro

gunsnro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is a great platform. You may need to purchase some plugins or premium themes for your website to work well.
    Like mentioned, you should provide more info on what sort of website you actually need.
    And yes, errors occur, especially if a plugin/theme you use does not get regularly updated

gunsnro, May 17, 2019 IP
  19. ALAEEDDINE

ALAEEDDINE Peon

Best Answers:
    i advise to use WordPress

ALAEEDDINE, May 17, 2019 IP
  20. ms2134

ms2134 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress is useful for those who are new to website development/design and for those who clients want to be able to make changes to their websites. Wordpress Hosting is readily available and as stated above in this thread; it is easier with 1-click installers and for those with none to little experience.

For those who want a simple blog, then Wordpress is a good idea; and even more so for those who are adept in Wordpress or willing to pay for a developer or designer to set their website up then yes I believe that Wordpress is a good choice for a Content Management System (CMS).

There are many pros to using Wordpress... Such as Easy Content Updates, SEO Integration, Flexible E-commerce Options, Optimized for Tablet/Mobile/PC, Large Developer Community and an abundance of Themes & Plugins.

Of course, there are some points to be aware of if choosing Wordpress as your CMS though... Custom Layouts and Themes Can Be Tricky, WordPress Software Needs to be Updated Regularly and Web Development and Marketing Experience helps when building and maintaining a Wordpress website.

ms2134, May 20, 2019 IP