1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to you plan for a large scale website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by John D, Oct 3, 2018.

Hey,

I have done business plans before, but never one for a website.

I am creating a site that will have a few people working on different sections ( Coding, design, content etc. )

Putting a bit of money into this so I want to have most things planned out first, obviously things will change as it develops.

Has anyone done this for a site? Any recommendations?

Thanks for any help

John D, Oct 3, 2018 IP
  2. David Hinojosa

David Hinojosa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Make sure you can trust the people you are hiring. For example, make sure that the programmer is someone reputable. He might inject code for his benefit, steal traffic, etc.

Make them sign contracts that will protect you and your business.

David Hinojosa, Oct 3, 2018 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  3. quicksolution4u

quicksolution4u Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

If you are planning for Large Scale website then you should hire skilled and expertise Professionals who can deliver the job on time. And he/she will be able to write optimized code for the website.

There are may factors required for a quality website like:

- Responsive design.
    - Cross browsers compatibility.
    - Optimized Content.
    - SEO friendliness.
    - XHTML Standard/CSS Validated.
    -All social media plug-ins should be integrated [Which will increase your social media presence].. etc..

quicksolution4u, Oct 13, 2018 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Save yourself a headache and start it on a dedicated server. If it takes off you'll be glad you did.

qwikad.com, Oct 14, 2018 IP
  5. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since you are developing a website for the first time, you need to consider the below things:
    • Host your website with a good web host.
    • Make sure your website is responsive so that it can access through all smart devices.
    • Check if your code is clear and consistent.
    • You content should be SEO friendly and so, use proper keywords in the content that are relevant to your niche.
    • Make your website such that visitors will find it easy to navigate around. Keep it simple.
    • Don't miss to use a framework. You can select one from Ruby on Rails and Python.

MilesWeb, Oct 14, 2018 IP
  6. Cheers Affiliates

Cheers Affiliates Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend preparing the complete plan for each area of your business. As mentioned before - protect your business against unhonest people with good paperwork.
    Do research before you hire anyone and don't be afraid to work with people who are better than you in specific area.

Cheers Affiliates, Oct 17, 2018 IP
  7. craigimass

craigimass Member

Best Answers:
    This is really a question that is specific to each different web site!
    I ran one of the largest niche sites/forums (it had traffic equal to northface and zipcar) - and did it myself in my spare time with the help of 6 moderators (eventually). We had a dedicated server and it easily did the job.

In most all cases, high traffic will not happen quickly. And, it's amazing the amount of traffic that even a mid-level setup can handle these days. Here are some examples:

1. I know a home improvement site (sold now) that made 600K a year in ad revenue that was run on a $75. a money virtual server.

2. I ran a smaller site which, in the busy month or two, pulled in 10-25K in affiliate revenue - it was running easily on a $60 per month VPS on both Wordpress and Xenforo (forum)...

Most modern software (Wordpress, etc.) is set up so you can limit the damage that any other members can do - that part will be fairly easy.

craigimass, Oct 27, 2018 IP