1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Recover a MySQL database from files after upgrading to new version of XAMPP

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by Thodorompalos, Oct 12, 2018.

Hello! I have a problem with a MySQL database that I haven’t been able to solve no matter how much I tried, either with internet guides or with free tools. I really don’t want to pay hundreds of dollars to a company so please, if anyone knows of a solution, help me because I’m desperate.

I was running XAMPP 7.1.22 where I had said database and I decided to install XAMPP 7.2.10 without backing up the database. After that, the site wasn’t working so I figured the problem was the database. And indeed PHPMyAdmin wouldn’t recognize it. I reinstalled the previous version of XAMPP and the database was there but unfortunately I could only see the tables. The tables themselves were empty though. So no dump procedure worked and neither the site. Now all I have left is the folder with the database which contains all the .frm and the .ibd files, an .opt file, a .myd file and a .myi file. I also have the ibdata1 file.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you very much for your time.

Thodorompalos, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When you start the mysql server, is it throwing any errors?

jestep, Oct 18, 2018 IP
  3. Thodorompalos

Thodorompalos Peon

Best Answers:
    No, none.

Thodorompalos, Oct 18, 2018 IP
  4. Thodorompalos

Thodorompalos Peon

Best Answers:
    Well after waiting and trying a lot, I decided to roll back the site and add the missing content again. Thanks for your time.

Thodorompalos, Oct 19, 2018 IP