1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the Best Advice for an Early-Stage Startup?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by vivek gururani, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Pillai.G

Pillai.G Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Just one word for you "Customer Acquisition" :)

Pillai.G, Nov 9, 2015 IP
    GAdsense likes this.
  2. m.sivarajan

m.sivarajan Banned

Best Answers:
    A responsive model, A website with what user preffered features, Regular monitor on websites performance and reach. seo for the site's traffic and lots of your ideas as investment.

m.sivarajan, Dec 2, 2015 IP
  3. Steven Samuels

Steven Samuels Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, if you doing online business then i suggest to do SEO for your site it increase your site ranking in google.com and other search engine, so you business will grow more faster.

Steven Samuels, Dec 2, 2015 IP
  4. pmspinner

pmspinner Active Member

Best Answers:
    All the suggestions in this post are excellent. I echo their sentiments for sure! My only additional suggestion would be to follow some (not all) of the Lean Startup Methodology.
    Get something to market as fast as you can - don't worry about perfection because that will only be your assumption of perfection. Your customers will tell you what their version is - and that's the version that will sell.
    Take risks and make mistakes, make a LOT of mistakes. Mistakes guide us towards success if we learn from them ;)

pmspinner, Dec 9, 2015 IP
  5. mohsin qureshi

mohsin qureshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need Passion, in any type of start, weather it is about online business, or any field of life, in the startup you just need passion, people usually wants results early, but it is not necessary that you got results soon. You need passion, you need patience and dedication until unless you did not achieved your goals. Good Luck.

mohsin qureshi, Dec 12, 2015 IP
  6. SEMWORLD2015

SEMWORLD2015 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here, You wanted to know- How you can earn from Adsense? I got these point but first you have to clear about your aim and your working specialty I mean which you wanted to include in Adsense. By the way what's your target about Adesnse? Less than $50 per day or more?

SEMWORLD2015, Dec 13, 2015 IP
  7. giorgioarmani

giorgioarmani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hard work, then more hard work and finally a lot of hard work.

giorgioarmani, Dec 13, 2015 IP
  8. igorpalkoo

igorpalkoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting about the startup I discovered for myself here https://keenethics.com/blog/1523533985420-startup-guide

igorpalkoo, Aug 6, 2018 IP
  9. tagteammfg

tagteammfg Peon

Best Answers:
    Create something/have an idea that people need. If people don't need it, why would they search for it? Tell them why they need what you are selling.

Passion is also key. When you are selling your business, you are selling yourself. Passion for what you do should show through when you are talking about it.

Credentials:
    I have owned my Machine Shop, Tag Team Manufacturing in Colorado for 18 years. We have our own Delta-13 billiard rack produced out of our Denver Manufacturing Facility that has been #1 in the industry for 10 years.

tagteammfg, Aug 8, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Welcome aboard. Look forward to your input on a variety of topics. FYI, I used to sell advertising and other Internet services to machine shops when I was with ThomasNet quite a few years ago. Not in your area, of course.

jrbiz, Aug 9, 2018 IP
  11. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    webdesign and seo should be considered as the most effective way to promote your business.

MatBerrows, Aug 10, 2018 IP
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Take a minute to read about minimum viable products (MVP). It's about taking a product or service and stripping out the padding and fluff to get your product or service to market asap. The best advice I can give you is get up and running as fast as possible so you can get in front of customers. Then add as you grow. Too many startups spend an absurd amount of time in development and never reach production or when they do the market for their product has changed. Time is precious.

I would also trade cash for time as well. There are tons of people taking development in house and recreating the wheel. Use as many tools and services as possible so YOU don't become the bottle neck. As for web development check out Bootstrap. As for server side development check out PHP & Laravel. Tons of developers and designers of varying skill level can help you achieve what you need. To keep costs low forget about all cloud hosting bullshit for now. When you grow you can get on board with Amazon Cloud. Right now keep is cheap and quick.

NetStar, Aug 19, 2018 IP
  13. thirdeyeblind82

thirdeyeblind82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All valuable answers, especially about accountability and persistence.

So I'll suggest you 3 things I rarely read around starting an online business:
    • Partner with a designer.
      If you don't have web design experience or you've never worked as a designer, team-up with someone who has knowledge and skills. Too many times I see entrepreneurs working on their website and material, and when they ask my opinion, I don't have the courage to tell them that it will never work. Design is 50% of your success. No one will ever trust you if you have an ugly website/slide presentation/social profile/video channel...
    • Find a marketing coach
      This is another area that we think we can take care of, learning from web material and from our mistakes. True. The problem is that it will take lots of money and time to figure out the right procedure to get traction for your business. If you hire a marketing consultant (someone you trust), you'll grow faster and easier. Is it expensive? Of course it is, but if you're not ready to invest in your business, you'll never thrive. Not to mention that a coach keeps you accountable, and the other guys above explained to you how important this is
    • Keep your job or find a part-time job
      Leading an online business needs funds to invest and a long time before seeing results. You need a way to finance your project and keep it going. A 9-to-5 job will slow your action but it will fuel your project. Never leave your job before you're sure your side business is self-maintained
    Good luck!

thirdeyeblind82, Aug 26, 2018 IP
  14. Peter Granted

Peter Granted Peon

Best Answers:
    it is definitely the time and the hard work that you have to dedeicate to your project!
    if you need a sparring partner or seomone to advise you on money investments, i am happy to chat about future endeavors, free of charge of course :)
    just let me know under

Peter Granted, Aug 30, 2018 IP
  15. Piqued digi media

Piqued digi media Peon

Best Answers:
    The best ways to kick-start your startup are

• Hard work
    • Dedication
    • Smart move
    • Confidence and
    • Brilliance.

Piqued digi media, Sep 29, 2018 IP
  16. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well never give up
    Manage youtr time very well and profit of every second when you have time .Learn new rhings every day

Spartan14, Sep 29, 2018 IP
  17. Piqued digi media

Piqued digi media Peon

Best Answers:
    The digital marketing strategy is very very important for your business as for the current business trends and I will shoot out some of the quick facts to let you know its importance.
    Beware of your Competitors:-
    As the word business comes into your mind, the mere next knock is with the competitors. So you should be aware of what your competitors are doing to bring out the best. If you are competing with the top competitors, obviously they would have a love for digital marketing and you’ve to hit the boundary line to win the game.

Piqued digi media, Oct 1, 2018 IP
  18. jbahram223

jbahram223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Business Plan is the ALPHA and OMEGA of a new start up is the best

jbahram223, Oct 2, 2018 IP
  19. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Focus on your own grass and water it, nurture it, weed it...
    Your business will not grow if you’re spending time stalking your competitors and watching celebrities on the gram or any online platform. Stop day dreaming, start acting.

Anitasol, Oct 7, 2018 IP