1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What content would my target audience be interested in?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Chris8080, Sep 7, 2018.

Hello,

I'm selling a product .. similar to a mouse pad, but for the arms.
    Now, after doing plenty of keyword research, I've got a huge list with good keywords and most likely 3 or 4 customer groups that could be interested in my product:
    1. Employees with a computer job
    2. Gamers
    3. People with skin issues / allergies
    4. Private people who want more comfort at the computer

What I'm lacking of, are good ideas for content / content strategy. Sure .. stuff like work place ergonomics, skin issues etc. would all work. But would people really read them?
    What other ideas / options are there, which my potential audience would be interested in? (maybe a bit more exciting than work place ergonomics ... ;) )

Thanks,
    Chris

Chris8080, Sep 7, 2018 IP
  2. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You said you've done the research?
    Have you seen this site - https://answerthepublic.com/

I'd suggest articles answering questions, explaining why your arm thing is going to make it more comfortable to use the computer.

Brandon Sheley, Sep 8, 2018 IP
  3. Chris8080

Chris8080 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've done A research - not sure whether it was "the" right one ;)

Thanks for the website. Nice one.

Sure, answering why the arm thing is more comfortable is standard. Writing about the product is very easy and I've done this.
    But as you know, people don't really want to read / are not really fascinated by mouse pads, their thickness and their ergonomic use case ...

Chris8080, Sep 8, 2018 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You mention gamers as a target. Will your device enhance their play or their gaming experience? Will it add to their VR experience? Those issues are always of interest to serious gamers.

For employees/employers: is this a productivity tool that will help the business' bottomline? Is it something that HR people should know about from a disability/health-wellness perspective?

From a health perspective: will this help arthritis sufferers or the disabled? Those are good areas of interest to write about.

jrbiz, Sep 12, 2018 IP
    JEET likes this.
  5. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you know this, but all this should've been figured out before manufacturing a product. Where are you currently selling the product? Have you thought about doing Amazon FBA?

kjh-08, Sep 13, 2018 IP
  6. Chris8080

Chris8080 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very good points, thank you.
    We've got some feedback there from users. But it's a bit tricky - no solid, scientific proof and we're selling in western Europe - so lawyers are everywhere, just waiting to send an adhortatory letter.
    I'm trying to write very careful there.

I'm selling the product since a couple of years already, like once, twice a month. I've got some good feedback but never did much marketing. Currently on our own website. We're selling other items on Amazon FBA and from our own warehouse. Putting a product on Amazon is not a sales guarantee.

I don't think it's required to figure out all content strategy before production. A lot of feedback / content / ideas evolve over time.
    Some products are just not very fascinating. Herpes creme vs action camera, drawer cabinet vs vr goggles ...

Chris8080, Sep 15, 2018 IP
  7. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you've kind of answered your own question. If the ideas/sales process haven't evolved over the past couple years, it's not an interesting product/niche, not as many sales as you would like, then maybe it would be best to cut your losses. Sell that part of your business off and focus on the products that are selling/working.

kjh-08, Sep 16, 2018 IP
  8. Orol

Orol Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure that you need to use all branches of your industry. You have a large target audience. Most people now work at a computer, you can use it. You must answer the following questions: how, why, what for, what kinds, consequences, advantages, disadvantages and so on. Use everything that can be associated with your product.

Orol, Oct 5, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  9. markano markano

markano markano Banned

Best Answers:
    To improve targeting, how about letting us show ads to any subreddit we want? Subreddits are based on interest, generally. I am aware it could give limited impressions, and that is fine with me.

markano markano, Mar 10, 2020 IP
  10. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In order to devise a sturdy strategy, you need to have clarity of your own product and then turn the features into benefits first. Associate each feature with a benefit it is capable of providing the audiences with. This should be the first step to all your approaches.

Sam Sabir, Mar 28, 2020 IP
  11. DigitalDhwani

DigitalDhwani Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,
    I feel selling an emotion via your content is extremely important. Write informative content and not promotional content, it is only when you are offering something with value addition it will make an actual impact on the user which will keep the reader engaged. It is also better for the search engine algorithm.

DigitalDhwani, Nov 26, 2022 IP
    jrbiz likes this.