1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with my site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by emirates777, Sep 18, 2018.

My site is different as such - flightfinderau.com; as its not a blog site or a site offering advice etc. Its a site with cheap flight deals from Australia. So my question is two fold -

1. How can I increase my traffic?

2. Can SEO still work for me?

For some background, I have a FB account (3K members), email subscription list (300 subscribers), Instagram account (unsuccessful in building up a following). I advertise on google (adsense) and facebook. I do get some traffic (70-100 visits per day), but obviously would like more. Please help!

emirates777, Sep 18, 2018 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing that pops out when I look at your site is the menu wastes too much screen real estate. I am on a desktop and the menu occupies the top THIRD of the screen. That is at least twice too big.

mmerlinn, Sep 18, 2018 IP
  3. emirates777

emirates777 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip. With the freed up space, what do you suggest putting there?

emirates777, Sep 18, 2018 IP
  4. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You have a nice and catchy domain name which is a big advantage for your website over the competitors.

As your niche is around travel, you can engage yourself in some travel related forums, blog posts etc. It will definitely boost your traffic and gradually improve your SEO ranking as well. At the same time, you can promote the special flight deals through social media which will attract some instant traffic to your website.

seo_buzz, Sep 19, 2018 IP
  5. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You better to start with Link Building strategy.

MatBerrows, Sep 25, 2018 IP
  6. Jenefer_h

Jenefer_h Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think display advertisement can help you with your issue. It will drag some traffic to your website. Also, start making banners to your services & do share daily on the social media platforms.
    I have my personal experience on this practice.

Jenefer_h, Sep 28, 2018 IP
  7. SakamHost

SakamHost Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can increase your SEO using Google Ads, Twittter Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads.

SakamHost, Sep 28, 2018 IP
  8. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would end this project and save the money. Here's a few issues for why that is:
    1. Site design is not very good.
    2. You are not using a secured connection "https" even though you're just an affiliate.
    3. There is no real info about "privacy policy", "about us", "disclosure policy", "Contact Us". You need to get the policies done before you get banned from google adsense. If a customer is thinking about spending $1k for a flight, they'll want to see a phone number, business info, etc (they may not know you're an affiliate).
    4. Going up against the biggest names in the travel industry-Expedia, Priceline, Kayak, Cheap-o-air, Airlines, etc. They have Brand/Authority/Trust already.

I use to own vacationpackages(.)net and caribbeanvacation(.)net domains. Sold both of them because the cost to compete was too great. Even the option as an Expedia affiliate (EAN).

kjh-08, Sep 28, 2018 IP
  9. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you want to succeed in marketing look at your product, not your marketing efforts. Pepsi can advertise all they want, but if their drink does not taste good no one would buy it, or even drink it for free.

My point is improve your website. Google is looking more into user experience than backlinks.

If you build a great site and promote it just a little, you will always see improvement. But if you build an average site you will have to promote your website constantly , otherwise your traffic will keep decreasing.

FarrisFahad, Sep 29, 2018 IP
  10. Nitish3088

Nitish3088 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Work on your on site optimizations to enhance the user experience, participate in more blogs and forums so that people know about your brand and start building trust on you, before all of that please work on your website and make it right so that the user knows they are dealing with reputed brand, be more active on social media and in places people are talking about topics in your niche.

Nitish3088, Oct 4, 2018 IP
  11. Orol

Orol Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure that you need to place information about your site in local directories. Also, you shouldn't forget about the usability of your site.

Orol, Oct 5, 2018 IP
  12. Buzzoid

Buzzoid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can start working with link building, but what is the use of this if you have a website that is not very useful for perception? For example, the top menu is not very convenient. Mail and contacts are also on the right and when they are swiped, they stay somewhere far away. Over this need to work.

Buzzoid, Oct 7, 2018 IP
  13. kristina_v

kristina_v Peon

Best Answers:
    Link building for sure!

kristina_v, Jan 17, 2020 IP
  14. statusredox

statusredox Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can add a blog to your website with some useful articles about flights.

statusredox, Jan 17, 2020 IP
  15. Sam Sabir

Sam Sabir Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SEO is applicable for almost every form of website and web-content. All you have to do is implement the strategies to ensure that you receive traffic and engagement. Start by promoting your pages on social media pages and creating valuable content to gain the attention of your targeted audiences.

Sam Sabir, Mar 10, 2020 IP
  16. LadyStarc

LadyStarc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    At first, sorry I am not going to open your site and look at it unless you want to discuss any possibility of working together.

1. You can increase your site's traffic by marketing it on different platforms. In your case, social is the best choice for your niche.
    2. Aren't you already doing it by mentioning it here, like that? Call me skeptic but I think you are too smart. :p

LadyStarc, Mar 11, 2020 IP
  17. AliceStyles

AliceStyles Banned

Best Answers:
    S
    SEO works for almost every website, but about the traafic, I do not think nothing would eb as effective as social media marketing.

AliceStyles, Mar 13, 2020 IP
  18. Randall Magwood

Randall Magwood Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is the bulk of your income made from Adsense or from being an affiliate from these travel deals? How are you communicating to your leads and followers about these flight deals, and how often are you contacting them.

Traffic is traffic. You can get it from YouTube, PPC, display advertising, email marketing, blogging, and etc. Why don't you have any website or blog content on your site about travel and these nice destinations?

Randall Magwood, Mar 25, 2020 IP