1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Few questions about Media Library

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by theforamyst, Sep 17, 2018.

Hi,

I have some basic questions about this topic, like what is a (media) library? Is that a folder w/ some audio and/or video files as its contents or does such a folder merely contain just shortcuts or links to audio and/or video files that are stored/existing somewhere else? So if it’s the first, does that then mean it makes a copy of all of those audio and/or video files that are in the library (from where they’re originally are stored/existing) and places those copies in the library folder?

And audio and video files that are included in the library, into which folder are they stored/saved on the Windows 10 PC, on the iPad mini 4 and on an Android device?

Does each media manager PC app and mobile app create or have its own library folder or do they all use the one and the same library folder? And if they use the one and the same, is that the same one as of the operating system they are on (if each OS has its own standard media library folder)?

Which way is to prefer?

Why don’t they all just use one and the same library folder?

theforamyst, Sep 17, 2018 IP
  2. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you might like ACDSee 20 for managing photo library on PC.

MatBerrows, Sep 20, 2018 IP
  3. alvorigolly

alvorigolly Peon

Best Answers:
    I use an iMac and have checked site on iPad and no images show for the latest post(s). Have used a windows machine, same problem
    I have disabled all plug ins, checked media library and still not resolved.
    I have replaced original theme, with another and still same issue.
    Tried small photos <0.5M – same problem
    I am not technical, but I must be doing something stupid.
    Any help to get this resolved, will be greatly appreciated

alvorigolly, Nov 20, 2019 IP