1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Isotope and lightbox, how to only show the visible (filtered) images in lightbox

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by JeffG., Aug 21, 2016.

Hi,

I am building a wordpress website. I am implementing isotope for image layout and filtering (isotope.metafizzy)

I have configured Isotope already, so that images are layed out and filterable, this is all working fine.

Currently, when i open an image in the lightbox, it loads all the images in the series, including images which are currently hidden (filtered by Isotope).

I want to change my solution so that only the visible images will be loaded into the Lightbox. This way a user can use isotope to filter down to the desired set of images, and can then view these in a larger format using the lightbox.
    the code below is what is outputted by wordpress (from view page source).

you try the code here : http://jsbin.com/gutoqaqabo/edit?html,output

thanks for your help

JeffG., Aug 21, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Don't know isotope, but couldn't you perhaps add a class with isotope to the viewable images, and set lightbox to only show images with the specific class? You could also limit Lightbox to only show one image (no forward/back buttons), but that might be counterproductive, I assume.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 21, 2016 IP
  3. JeffG.

JeffG. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks,
    i solved my problems with using the data-box attribute to create a set of images.

JeffG., Aug 22, 2016 IP
  4. Zuzanna Juszkiewicz

Zuzanna Juszkiewicz Peon

Best Answers:
    i know this is an old thread, but do you by chance have a copy of the code you used? I am having a similar problem.

Zuzanna Juszkiewicz, Sep 10, 2018 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do you REALLY think the OP will see this since he has not been seen on DP in OVER 2 YEARS?

mmerlinn, Sep 11, 2018 IP