1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I NEED TO BUILD A NEW NETWORK AT WORK

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tranduchau, Aug 13, 2018.

10 computers and they all need to get on the cloud. I like them with all the chit in the screen and no boxes on the floor. I have an IT guy but he picks shittty arse computers to me.
    For 750/ computer, what should I get?
    Provide a link from Amazon (where we buy everything just about) please
    I want them to be fast, fast , fast. We have killer good internet now (100 mbps down and 20 up) so that should not be an issue. I know we probably can get a good one for less than 750 but we use them so much that faster will inc productivity enough to justify the cost. ( ( I think)

tranduchau, Aug 13, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    This is an internet marketing forum and you want us to recommend office computers?
    If you don't trust your IT "guy" hire someone better.

sarahk, Aug 13, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. iHostingX.com

iHostingX.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think sarahk is right. Sounds like your IT guy might be problematic if he is truly buying crappy computers.

What line of work is this? What specs are needed for the PCs? I am assuming nothing too spec-heavy like CAD? Just general office work? Would be happy to make a few all-in-one recommendations for you with a bit more info first.

iHostingX.com, Aug 20, 2018 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @sarahk is right: this is not the best forum for your post. However, beyond the client computers you are buying, you need to be thinking about the server and router you will be using for them and how that architecture will be connected and configured (e.g. wireless or copper.) They will have as much or possibly more impact on the network performance than the desktops.

jrbiz, Aug 22, 2018 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Along with what everyone else has posted, consider this. HOW IN THE WORLD IS ANYONE GOING TO BE ABLE TO HELP YOU since we do NOT know what you mean by 750.

Do you mean 750 pesos? 750 lira? 750 rubles? 750 pennies? 750 pounds? 750 marks? or what?

mmerlinn, May 25, 2019 IP
  6. Cosmik T

Cosmik T Peon

Best Answers:
    I hope by IT you mean italian guy, otherwise you're paying this guy for absolutely nothing. Do a bit of research online, you'll find it's not too hard to get something that can do the job for less than 750 (assuming that's euros and not cents). You can get desktop pcs built to a high spec for well less than that.

Cosmik T, May 28, 2019 IP
  7. thanh an

thanh an Peon

Best Answers:
    I think sarahk is right. Sounds like your IT guy might be problematic if he is truly buying crappy computers.

thanh an, Nov 25, 2020 IP