1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sudden drop in Facebook likes

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by jopsons, Aug 26, 2014.

Please help me if anyone know exact reason about this.

My Facebook daily likes count suddenly dropped from 2500 to 600 and it is continuing. I am shocked, I thought that some posts are not really good, so that's way it was happening. When it is continuing I am worried about it. If anyone have the same experience or if any information you know related about this (like algorithm change, etc..), please share with me.

Check out the attached image about the drop.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

jopsons, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  2. pretty10

pretty10 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello jopsons!

I too had a similar issue in the past. I used someone to manage our Facebook account and he helped me get around 2800 likes in just 2-3 days. After that the problem started! The likes started reducing rapidly. I lost over 1000 likes in quick time. I’m still losing likes at regular intervals but not rapidly.

I made lots of research and even tried to contact Facebook support team. Finally, I found a reply posted by one of the Facebook support team staff. They said Facebook has been changing algorithm and it will affect many accounts when it comes to likes and post reach.

Facebook claims they are removing likes from users who are fake. So if you get likes through software or similar tools, they will be removed automatically. Facebook is checking all the likes in its user’s profiles and remove inactive or spammy user’s likes.

I tried to find all of the people who placed like on my page and tried to ban them one by one. But that was not possible as Facebook is only showing a limited number of users.

It is actually not your problem or the problem of your content because Facebook is only encouraging legitimate likes on profiles or fans pages. This is not the case of you and I, but almost all pages are losing their likes at regular intervals.

The best way to get rid of this issue is to receive likes from legitimate users or people you know. You need to build your audience manually by sharing your page with your friends and ask them to share it with their friends. Remember, Facebook is focusing only on organic likes and they will remove fake likes.

Hope it helps. :)

pretty10, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  3. Naveen500

Naveen500 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am agree with preety10. I also suffered with the same issue. I participated in a like exchange program so i think some people from those groups are blocked by facebook so i think my like reduced.

Naveen500, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  4. ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL

ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL Banned

Best Answers:
    Hey Mate
    It Have Nothing To Do With Your Post Content

These Sudden Likes Drop Is Due To Facebook Blocking User Accounts For Some Reasons ,
    May Be Many Of Your Likes Are From Exchange Sites Or Some Thing Like These
    So It Will Be Happening One Day.

ReaL DiGiTaL GiRL, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  5. cathandrew

cathandrew Member

Best Answers:
    You should not go for artificial likes. If you did, then you would have to face these problems

cathandrew, Sep 1, 2014 IP
  6. mbanj

mbanj Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you get your likes from exchange groups then you
    don't need to complain because they are not real likes
    but if it's other way round then maybe they don't find
    your post interesting any more so what you should do is
    to look at other fan page in your niche see what they do and
    mimic it and also make your post when your fans are most
    likely to be online that way your post will be get seen.

mbanj, Sep 3, 2014 IP
  7. NewJoe

NewJoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's the same situations as in real life, people won't be obsessed with anything forever, and someday they would just forget things and focus on something else. That's why you should continuously make different projects or moves that would somehow attract people and make you personality or company more noticeable.

NewJoe, Sep 9, 2014 IP
  8. VineServers

VineServers Member

Best Answers:
    The reason is facebook wants you to buy ads! This is just another nasty facebook trick to make money! and happens with most of the page owners! It will increase again after 1-2 months and then will decrease again!

VineServers, Sep 13, 2014 IP
  9. Avish Gabba

Avish Gabba Member

Best Answers:
    do not buy fake like . to reduce that types of problems

Avish Gabba, Sep 16, 2014 IP
  10. showravhauqe

showravhauqe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey I found an article reason why your facebook likes disappear. I hope it will help you :) http://socialpinger.net/2014/09/reason-why-your-facebook-likes-are-dropping/

showravhauqe, Sep 19, 2014 IP
  11. Droid82

Droid82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Those are possible reasons. Facebook recently changed their algorithm (posts that appear on your feed are those what are trending like current events) --- https://gigaom.com/2014/09/18/facebook-updates-its-algorithm-yet-again-heres-what-to-expect/ Although I disagree with the change because trending topics might not be interesting for me.

Droid82, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  12. David Wilson Frank

David Wilson Frank Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook identify likes, and it's removing all fake likes. So don't use fake site.

David Wilson Frank, Aug 16, 2018 IP
  13. web techno experts

web techno experts Peon

Best Answers:
    This problem have man reasons
    1 ) may you purchase some like from black hat techniques
    2 ) post is improper, persons donot interested in your page any more
    3 ) but this reason max follow by facebook. Face book daily remove those persons like, who deactivates or delete their profile. In some case facebook block the id of suspicious accounts. Those likes daily removed by facebook from every page. So you don't worry about it.
    when the deactivated ids again activate it will show increase in likes in your page.

web techno experts, Aug 23, 2018 IP