1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Mobile Applications Developement. . Xamarin Or Android Studio ?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by SecureAttack, Aug 16, 2018.

?

Xamarin Or Android Studio?

1. Xamarin

2. Android Studio

Results are only viewable after voting.
    i want to learn Mobile apps Development . . which one is Better Xamarin Or Android Studio ?
    and what is difference between both of them ?

Solved! View solution.
    SecureAttack, Aug 16, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I looked at Xamarin a few years ago and couldn't get it working. May need to try again.

I ended up using a tool called BuzzTouch which does most of the heavy lifting for you and I was able to create an app driven by my cms fairly easily. The apps need updating now to allow for more recent versions of Android but are working fine - going back to the community it seems like they're very quiet. I'd love to know if you've found any similar smart builders.

sarahk, Aug 17, 2018 IP
  3. SecureAttack

SecureAttack Peon

Best Answers:
    First of all, Thanks for the quick reply @sarahk :)
    It's too hard for me to decide especially i'm new to programming , i'v learned Java SE that's why i may prefer Android studio since Xamarin uses C#.
    but on the other hand, Xamarin is a cross Platform which i can get output for Android and iOS as well.
    i can learn C# if it's better to use Xamarin over the Android Studio.

SecureAttack, Aug 17, 2018 IP
    It also depends on the type of app you want to develop. My apps are basically menus with web pages so there's very little actual programming. If you wanted to build a game you might need a different platform altogether.

You'll never regret learning a programming language. Just be realistic about the amount of complexity you build in initially.

sarahk, Aug 17, 2018 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Siding this convo... what do you use to build apps if your apps are simple menus with web pages?

NetStar, Aug 30, 2018 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I use a system called BuzzTouch, it's been greatly simplified recently but I've got two apps on both platforms.
    1. Menus and sub menus that link to web pages, one form that generates a digital membership card. The web pages promote sponsors, discounts, events and industry-specific news.
    2. A menu, web pages and a scanner to scan those membership cards (physical and digital) and event registration barcodes and record that people have come to a meeting. There's a log of who has been registered and I'll be adding a spot prize generator too.
    The content changes are reflected in a config file that the app calls for periodically and therefore the apps haven't been "updated" in a couple of years (I'm doing that at the moment though) but I have a team of, let's say, 20 around the country who are constantly updating the content and keeping the app fresh.

BuzzTouch generates the source code, all I've needed to do is sign and upload. Apple doesn't make it easy but Google's ok. I've complicated things by using my own config but it's just manipulation of a json feed on the website so it's all php/mysql.

Because of how I mess with the config I've unearthed a bug that I think most people will be oblivious to, it'll be interesting to see how quickly it's fix rolls out (luckily the fix is "//" on one line).

sarahk, Aug 30, 2018 IP