1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a POS that is Hipaa Compliant

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by EMOCCH, Jul 19, 2018.

I am looking for an inventory management system that is Hippa compliant.
    So far my option is Square Up, does anyone have any other advice?
    Would love to look into more than 1 option

EMOCCH, Jul 19, 2018 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Square offers a BAA for a limited number of services which allows "you" to become compliant, but it's still entirely on you. Sqaure itself is not HIPAA compliant, it's extremely easy to break HIPAA if you don't know what you're doing.

What sort of business are you operating and what are your requirements? Not that square isn't an option, but they offer zero support on HIPAA with the exception of offering BAA, it's 100% up to the user to maintain HIPAA compliant procedures, there's nothing in their system that will prevent breaking HIPAA. This gets really messy if you're dealing with invoicing and appointment and any complicated transactions. Generally, unless you have a very well educated employee who is going to make sure your procedures remain HIPAA compliant, there are inclusive platforms specifically geared toward the medical community that take the burden off your hands.

jestep, Jul 20, 2018 IP
  3. EMOCCH

EMOCCH Peon

Best Answers:
    This is super helpful
    I just started in the health and wellness industry and my goal is to find a pos/inventory management software that can support multiple locations and has scalability. It would need to deal with invoicing and appointments/notes from the doctors, and any prescription/supplement recommended so it will have to be secure with the information. A few people on my team are pushing Square for this, but I would like some options to look into. I come from the retail end so Hipaa is new to me.

EMOCCH, Jul 20, 2018 IP
  4. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'd be looking specifically for an inclusive HIPAA compliant POS / payment platform that takes the full burden of maintaining compliance off your hands. IMO, HIPAA is worse than PCI even because innocuous things like an emailed transaction receipt can be considered in scope for HIPAA. This isn't an area I specialize in so unfortunately don't have any specific recommendations. But, I've seen businesses get on the wrong side of a HIPAA suit and it's definitely not something you want to deal with and a BAA alone is not in any way a comforting thought unless you have resources to handle it.

jestep, Jul 23, 2018 IP