1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bounce Rate dropped

Discussion in 'Better Analytics' started by Kathi Kamleitner, Jun 29, 2018.

Hi,

I just realised that a few months ago, my bounce rate dropped miraculously. First to about 30%, then back to normal and then to basically 0%.

I've read the issue is usually a duplicate Google Analytics Code, but I can't seem to find a duplicate in my page source. I used Better Analytics to add my tracking code to my website.

Is it possible, that somehow the plugin duplicated the code on my website?

Thank you!
    Kathi

Kathi Kamleitner, Jun 29, 2018 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you already have code then ya... it could duplicate it. What's your site URL? I could look if you'd like.

digitalpoint, Jul 9, 2018 IP
  3. Priit Kallas

Priit Kallas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have the same problem. There's no double GA code on the page. The problem is probably in the event settings the plugin generates for tracking time and engagement for the time and scroll you need to use non-interaction events https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033068#NonInteractionEvents otherwise all the traffic will be 0% bounce.

Removed tine on site event from Google Analytics (but kept scroll tracking), I will let you know what happens.

Priit Kallas, Jul 25, 2018 IP