1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beneficial or Not: Editing Aged Blog Post by with New Web Page Link

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Doris Brown, Jun 28, 2018.

Hello,

I have few aged blogs, linked with old web pages (which are not appearing anywhere in SERPs). So, im thinking to replace those old (web page) links with new one (new web page links).

Will it benefit me in terms of backlinks for new web pages from those aged blogs?

Please suggest...

Thanks..

Doris Brown, Jun 28, 2018 IP
  2. Euphoria

Euphoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you say "links" , what type of links? Internal? Outbound?

You should update the content . It may contain obsolete information. If you have new pages of interest to readers that are on old pages, then yes add on new links only if it is helpful.

Euphoria, Jun 29, 2018 IP
  3. Doris Brown

Doris Brown Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Links in the sense, outbound links. My concern is to get quality backlink from that aged posts. Currently, post has outbound links of website which is not appearing in SERPs. So i want to remove those links and will update with new one (new website link). So my new website will get those link juice banefit and will help in rankings of that website.

What u suggest? will it beneficial or not?

Please suggest. Thanks.

Doris Brown, Jun 29, 2018 IP
  4. Euphoria

Euphoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, im wanting to get to the main point. There are many things you can do with a page the has authority. Can you pm me your link ? Is this "old page " a private blog page or is it your money site. What I'll do is provide you with a few methods.

Best way for me to really help you would be to let me see the URL and I will tell you what I would do.

Im offering you my service free. Generally any SEO consultations I do is $250 an hour or $125 for a half hour.

If the post links to a website that isn't in the search, you should check to see if that website has been penalized from Google. Any website that doesn't show up in top 100 for keywords usually means it has been penalized.

Solution:----- This old post, why not do a 301 redirect to a new post? The new post should be similar to the old one. This allows you to immediately inherit all the work done to the old page. With the new post you could add anything to link out. This gives you all the power and authority right away while updating with a new URL and better content.

Please remember Google does not favor a article if it has outbound links for multiple keywords. One post you do should only include one outbound link and many internal links to feed the reader to better content.

Before you try anything please message me the URL and I'll give you a free answer on me.

Euphoria, Jul 4, 2018 IP
  5. Andrew141

Andrew141 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't bother worrying about minutia like backlinks. Just create good content.

Andrew141, Jul 4, 2018 IP