1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best hosting for my condition...

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by winner101, Feb 15, 2018.

I have around 4 sites running on the 6 core plan of host gator cloud. It was doing well, but I update 2 of my wp site’s regularly and one of them have 3k pages and the other has around 1.5k pages. The speed has been super slow lately and I’m pretty sure it’s because of how much pages I have on the site. Not sure if I should move to a better host... if yes suggest me some or hire someone to optimize my site.

winner101, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  2. mikebvm

mikebvm Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress runs a lot of scripts on each page load. It is less about the total number of pages and more about the number of page loads. More so, it is about the number of concurrent page loads.

Each time a page loads and scripts run, Wordpress chomps through your server memory with reckless abandon. The more concurrent users you have on your site, the more RAM your site consumes. When a Wordpress site is running slow, the answer is almost always that the server does not have enough memory.

If you have access to the Linux shell, try running the "top" command during peak hours for your sites and you should be able to quickly determine if RAM is, indeed, the culprit (which I suspect is the case.) After confirming, check with your host about upgrading the RAM.

mikebvm, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  3. Neil Robins

Neil Robins Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have a website with lots of large graphic files, those files will slow down the site. If you do have lots of graphic files make sure they have a low resolution unless the files need to be of high resolution ie for artworks etc.

Neil Robins, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  4. winner101

winner101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the help... I’ll look into upgrading my ram

winner101, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  5. Teddor

Teddor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that is always better to work on the issue together with your web hosting provider or move to a bigger plan like VPS. As rule that helps. I had similar issue some time ago with kvchosting and they helped me with that.

Teddor, Feb 26, 2018 IP
  6. Sean9568

Sean9568 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree with you. Moving to the bigger plan is the right choice because you update your sites regularly.

Sean9568, Feb 26, 2018 IP
  7. radwebhosting

radwebhosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    VPS is a good option for database-driven resource-intensive WordPress websites

radwebhosting, Mar 12, 2018 IP
  8. webhost.uk.net

webhost.uk.net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go for SSD Cloud VPS server with nginx webserver and some more optimization with php modules and caching can help you get the best result you are looking for.
    I would suggest a managed VPS hosting solution.

webhost.uk.net, Mar 13, 2018 IP
  9. John-web

John-web Banned

Best Answers:
    Taking into account your needs, I can recommend you to compare these hosts: Dreamhost.com, Rareservers.com, Viux.com
    Their goal is to provide quality infrastructure hosting in world-class data facilities, at a cost accessible to enterprises, small businesses, and end-users alike.

John-web, Mar 21, 2018 IP
  10. gettyhosting

gettyhosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest to move on VPS

gettyhosting, Mar 23, 2018 IP
  11. bxqzblog

bxqzblog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Frankly, I just don't think hostgator gives you the best deal. There's a reason why they're this popular and someone has to pay for all that marketing. Guess who it is? You :)

HG is good enough for someone who is just starting but you've outgrown not just your hosting plan but also your hosting company is seems. Lots of good hosts fly under the radar and they can give you much better value for your money. Try to move beyond hostgator, wiredtree, mediatemple and other household names.

bxqzblog, Mar 23, 2018 IP
  12. WireNine

WireNine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely find a managed hosting provider who can offer suggestions to optimize and keep your sites running fast :)

WireNine, Mar 24, 2018 IP
  13. Eliss

Eliss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you decide to optimize your website, who will you choose - a freelancer developer or a professional web development company? This choice really depends on the budget you are ready to spend. Does your hosting plan include SSD storage and CDN? You may try first optimizing your website and then, if it is still slow, upgrade to a better hosting service, for example, a KVM VPS.

Eliss, Apr 1, 2018 IP
  14. RomanEpo

RomanEpo Active Member

Best Answers:
    At first check your page speed and load time ,is it standard score or required it optimize.Than monitor resource utilization ,So you can easily optimize web performance.

RomanEpo, Apr 2, 2018 IP
  15. dts-net

dts-net Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    or you can enable free cdn service like cloudflare comes standard with many providers

dts-net, May 31, 2018 IP
  16. iHostingX.com

iHostingX.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    HostGator's "cloud" plans are ultimately just shared hosting on high-powered servers. It sounds as if you might be ready to explore VPS or semi-dedicated hosting options, which are not as expensive as they may sound. Most good solutions can be had for anywhere from about $15 - $50 per month, and there is a veritable range of options from many providers in this area.

I hope this info helps. I realize you may have found a solution that works for you by now. Best of luck!

iHostingX.com, Jun 9, 2018 IP
  17. Himadri Subrah Saha

Himadri Subrah Saha Active Member

Best Answers:
    How about using some WordPress plugin to reduce the image size? This is really help your load your blog faster. Also you can follow the below steps:

1. Enable gzip in .htaccess file to Compress Your Files to Improve Blog Loading Speed:
    2. 2.Disable Hotlinking of Images
    3. 3. Clean Up Your Database:
    Thanks.

Himadri Subrah Saha, Jun 25, 2018 IP
  18. Gagsburg

Gagsburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check out plans form limeisp and yourlasthost. They are cheap and worthwhile.
    Guess they can be suitable for all your needs.
    Just my two cents.

Gagsburg, Jul 6, 2018 IP
  19. Komputerking

Komputerking Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you may have another issue entirely. The site doesn't really care if you have 5 pages or 1500 pages. It sounds like you may have a combination of bad plugins and caching issues? You may also want to look into how often your wordpress websites are running cron, and what cron is doing. Disabling automatic cron, and setting up a cron job to run every 5 minutes should help things regardless of who you host with.

Are you running all of these sites on the same cpanel account? If so, and your hosting provider makes use of CageFS (Cage File System) to prevent abuse, you will be better off breaking the site off to its own accounts so that each domain how its own set of resources. Adding caching to your site, like WP Super Cache, or X3 cache will also help a lot as well, depending on where your bottleneck is.

Those are just a few suggestions without looking into it deeper.

Regardless, you should be able to open a ticket with your hosting provider and inform them that you are noticing a slow down. The issue may not be with you at all (they may be running backups when you are actively on the site, which is causing slow down) or another client on the server may be abusing and causing IO/database issues.

Lastly, the other suggestions that I read regarding VPS are viable options as well. My recommendation to my clients is to stick to shared hosting, until their site grows to the point that they need dedicated hosting, and at that point, I setup a varnish server for their wordpress sites, which is high performance caching. If their traffic needs outgrow that, then I recommend that we move them to a dedicated varnish/web/mysql configuration to handle their traffic, since with the amount of traffic they are getting, their ad revenue will be suffering as a result of page speed and potential outages.

Komputerking, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  20. energetic

energetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use cloudfare may be beneficial to wp site.

energetic, Jul 31, 2018 IP