1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What marketing you would do with $1500 a month

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Guntzenbach Conrad, Mar 11, 2018.

Imagine you own a business selling general services. If you had $1500 monthly budget for marketing, what channels would you deploy your campaigns on?

For me, its SEO and SEM. I can't think of more, hehehe

Guntzenbach Conrad, Mar 11, 2018 IP
  2. FiveStarFiverr

FiveStarFiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If I had $1,500 a month for marketing, I would use some for both SEO and SEM, but those would only be two avenues I would explore. I would also pay someone to create blog posts for me, along with an email series for an autoresponder tied to a few landing pages to test.

In addition, I would hire people to do shoutouts on social media and I would have someone do videos for me for YouTube. Really, $1,500 per month for advertising online could go a very long way, if used wisely. Plus, most of the strategies you can use can be tied together in one form or another.

FiveStarFiverr, Mar 12, 2018 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would agree, however, good SEO from a reputable company could easily cost $1000k-$2000k a month, and this could target several urls on your site, however, I would start off with this as you would need to create some damn good content using proper on-page seo. If you start just starting SEO, then you could easily get started with SEO for $100-$300/mo, however, do not expect to target a lot, as you may be limited 3-5 urls with about 5 keywords per url, and always target your SEO wisely, if you do SEO wrong, then it may not yield the results you were hoping for; I would certainly dedicate this money toward quality content, and quality backlinks that could make an impact on the site.

dscurlock, Mar 13, 2018 IP
    FiveStarFiverr likes this.
  4. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I will buy PPC traffic from specific country

egoldzone, Mar 13, 2018 IP
  5. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    that is what fiverr does, they use PPC...
    they do not sit around hoping traffic will keep coming through the door.
    However, I would imagine they have a massive budget for PPC as well....

dscurlock, Mar 13, 2018 IP
  6. CalvinD

CalvinD Member

Best Answers:
    I would spend the majority on my SEO and content. With $1,500 a month I would look to build some strong links pointing inwards, create a new blog a week on my site to strengthen a few of the pages with bigger search volumes and link to them and purchase more articles I can use for guest posting externally. I would also look at a couple of banner ads and closely monitor the traffic/outcomes to check value and move this around until I found some good sites to work with.

CalvinD, Mar 13, 2018 IP
    FiveStarFiverr likes this.
  7. FiveStarFiverr

FiveStarFiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Completely agree. I like testing multiple things at once, but SEO and content would be at the core of my strategy.

Yes, a blog a week would be great and I love adding in a couple of banner ads just to see what they do.

FiveStarFiverr, Mar 17, 2018 IP
  8. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would either use PPC or media buys.. SEO.. free traffic is good if it converts but it takes time and you can't scale it. Time is something you can't get back.

kb24, Mar 22, 2018 IP
  9. bxqzblog

bxqzblog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Build your brand while building traffic with the $1500.

If you put all your eggs in the same basket, what if the next google update ruins you? If you have a good brand after many years of doing interviews and being active in your niche, there are many ways to leverage that.

bxqzblog, Mar 22, 2018 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have no idea how to answer your question because it does not tell me enough. What does "selling general services" mean??? What are you selling and to whom would you be selling it? E.g., if you are offering office cleaning services to local businesses, my advice might not even involve the Internet. On the other hand, if you are offering Virtual Assistant services around the world, I would suggest a completely different campaign. Any advice that you get without providing enough actual data about what you are doing is really meaningless.

jrbiz, Mar 23, 2018 IP
    mmerlinn likes this.
  11. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With a $1,500 monthly marketing budget I would definitely focus on building an email list of tens of thousands of subscribers. When you have an email list, you can send them valuable information and product recommendations when you need to at no extra cost. I would setup a so called "sales funnel" and use solo ads to get subscribers.

Tom Lindstrom, Apr 4, 2018 IP
  12. jikajika

jikajika Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to do optimise for SEO, check out Brian Dean's YouTube.
    If you want to learn about sales funnels, check out Bastian Ernts blog. In fact, check out this breakdown he did of Gary Vaynerchuk's sales funnels.
    If you want to learn about content marketing, check out Grow & Convert.

The reason I mention this is because you can use that $1500 to build a small team to create content that will lead back to your website/service. You can capture their emails this way as well and build your brand at the same time.
    Whether it's video, articles, or a podcast.

Build a content marketing plan. It's an investment that keeps on giving, when done right.

jikajika, May 29, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  13. fly14

fly14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bitcoins industry

fly14, Jun 16, 2018 IP
  14. SEO-Jay

SEO-Jay Member

Best Answers:
    I know this is a hypothetical question, but it does depend on the industry, niche, product or service you are trying to market. Purely because social media may be beneficial if the target audience is hanging out there. Without doubt I would focus on CPC, most likely adsense.

SEO-Jay, Jun 22, 2018 IP
  15. Patrick V.Fisher

Patrick V.Fisher Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest AMAZON FBA !
    i think it's the best Business you can start with a budget of 1500$ !

Patrick V.Fisher, Jun 23, 2018 IP
  16. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For me, I will spend the money on SEO, Facebook ads, and GG Adwords.

daica85, Jun 26, 2018 IP
  17. Larry Thibodeaux

Larry Thibodeaux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seo, youtube (depending on the product) and facebook.

Larry Thibodeaux, Jun 26, 2018 IP
  18. Michael Jones1

Michael Jones1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd also like to know

Here's my email:

Michael Jones1, Dec 2, 2018 IP
  19. nirmalkumar1997

nirmalkumar1997 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    With $1500, I would hire multiple content writers to craft content, and make sure I can submit these content as guest posts to numerous websites in my niche. This would help me do with branding my blog and also help me get backlinks for SEO purpose.

nirmalkumar1997, Dec 2, 2018 IP
  20. Dan Muresan

Dan Muresan Banned

Best Answers:
    this is such a vague question. it's really different depending on the services you sell and what is your target: do you want to make more money fast or you're in for the long run?
    if you sell fashion for example, SEO doesn't have as much as an impact as for a dentist. you would get a higher ROI in fashion if you focus on building your brand (through social activations, influencers marketing, and even OOH campaigns). But if you are a plumber and your name is Larry, it would be overkill to be endorsed by some influencers, just focus on local SEO and spend money on ads.

Dan Muresan, Dec 3, 2018 IP