1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Those Who Complied & Removed Images...what are your results?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by chodomade, Dec 19, 2006.

i used images next to my adsense but always used borders around the image and another border seperating them but with the new adsense announcement of no images next to adsense, i've removed my images cause in the end..making some money from it is better than losing my account.

it's a bit early but was wondering what people's results are as of yet...

for me..CTR is almost down by 50% but it fluctuates throughout the day so i need more data to see what the real results are.

also - assuming less clicks throughout the adsense world now due to this, would you assume that the CPC would go up now also?

chodomade, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  2. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    one would hope that it evens out.

ServerUnion, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  3. bloggerpreneur

bloggerpreneur Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I removed my images first thing this morning and have seen about 25% drop-off in the units that once had images. We will let things settle over the next day or so and see how things shake out.

bloggerpreneur, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  4. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its far too early to tell the effects of changes. You got to give it at least a day or two.

qwestcommunications, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  5. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    "G" is doing this becase alot of their search terms are being triggered by the "alt" text associated with ads. Hence the searcher is getting to sites that may not be relevant. But the surfer will click ads anyway.

SFOD_D223, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  6. matty dread

matty dread Peon

Best Answers:
    Obviously it's still too early to tell, but as of today I haven't noticed a change at all.

matty dread, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  7. Barti1987

Barti1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Comply? Why Comply?

Just keep doing your thing, don't worry, I got your back.

Peace,

Barti1987, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  8. knoq2wice

knoq2wice Member

Best Answers:
    I removed mine last night... CTR and eCPM have dropped like a rock today - though likely due to a less-than-ideal non-images implementation now (need to begin tweaking and testing again). Also I've been hit pretty hard by smart-pricing lately so "hopefully" after a week or two after smart-pricing gets reassessed, things will improve.

Also making the situation worse (and less easy to diagnose), is Google's new image-based "Ads by Google" text that I've seen starting today on my site as well as many others (consists of several flavors such as the Google "G" icon, the multi-colored "Google" logo on various background shapes and colors, etc). I've attached a sample of one such icon (there are others as well). It seems to display at random times throughout the site. I think this is an absolutely horrible idea, instantly killing any attempts at content integration. Better-targeted or not, I'm probably switching to YPN soon.

Attached Files:

knoq2wice, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  9. iqra_psh

iqra_psh Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just removed, looks like ctr will decrease way too much.

iqra_psh, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  10. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    Plummeting CTR? I don't know what you're talking about. Then again, I've never used this method in the first place, so...

/whistles

jackburton2006, Dec 19, 2006 IP
    Notting likes this.
  11. shazer7

shazer7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    jackburton2006 called it months ago.

I remember when I was about to launch my site, I was thinking about implementing images next to the adds.

I found a post and you said, I cannot remember your exact words, if Google come out and say this is no longer allow, people will feel it head, at this point I decided not to implement this so I can see the sites threw potential.

shazer7, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  12. ainmohd

ainmohd Peon

Best Answers:
    I used very little images since I had been thinking not to "mislead" anybody.

ainmohd, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  13. assassin

assassin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My CTR doubled when i added images, so i guess it will halve now that i've removed them

assassin, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  14. abixalmon

abixalmon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I had used only one ad unit lined up with images...

This is what i get after 30 hrs of removing them...

Previous CTR : 1.10%
    Today's CTR: 0.45%

Previous Earning: $ 11.56
    Today's Earning: $3.81

It Sucks man!!!!

abixalmon, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  15. seedybee68

seedybee68 Guest

Best Answers:
    My average CTR was more than 10% and was getting more than $75 per day.
    I will let you know if the miserable 2 hours I spent last night removing all those clever little graphics has resulted in a huge drop next week.

You cannot look at a few dozen visits and deduce anything from that. Wait till you have had a few thousand visits, then do the math.

Yours in fraternal sorrow

Chris:(

seedybee68, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  16. matty dread

matty dread Peon

Best Answers:
    I had my 2nd best day of this month after removing them and I'm off to a really good start again today.

matty dread, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  17. nichevalue

nichevalue Peon

Best Answers:
    I only had images on a couple of sites and have had them removed for about a month - so far the CTR on those sites hasn't changed much and has actually gone up a little on some of the sites.

nichevalue, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  18. gilfil

gilfil Peon

Best Answers:
    I've lost 60% of my CTR and 40% of my eCPM (less clicks, but at higher price)

Almost all my sites are made on white background, and I am using all white ads, with black text and light gray URL.

Yesterday, I've dropped lots of 728*90 with images and replaced them with 300*250, embeded on content (floating on the right side when placed on the beginning of texts, and on the left when placed in the middle) and I am having a very good response to this placement. The 300*250 are configured all white with text on the same color of the content, title the same color of content url and URL light grey.

Using light grey to make the URL almost invisible, improved my CTR in the past.

gilfil, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  19. iqra_psh

iqra_psh Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my channel CTR was around 2 with small graphics next to it, now with same kind of impressions few days ago where it makes $12 with no images it earned $2 so huge lost for me on most of the sites where i used images next to ads.

But i think its a good step by Google to ensure there advertisers get the relevent and targeted trafic.

Best of Luck guys.

iqra_psh, Dec 20, 2006 IP
  20. sv800

sv800 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google: remove your images I'll put mine. "my visitors are not interested to know who is serving the ads"

sv800, Dec 20, 2006 IP