1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Criticize my website, please!

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Vig, Jun 4, 2018.

Hey guys,

Feedback and constructive criticism is the best thing when starting something new, and I want some feedback from this community. Please keep in mind I will be adding hundreds of products within the next 2-3 months as I get pricing, details, and new pictures for new products. I also have no started my blog yet, so that will be added soon as well (after I fix some suggestions from this post).

URL: https://mmmwelding.com

Please carry it through the checkout page as well, because I think that might be a weak point to be honest.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Vig, Jun 4, 2018 IP
  2. PaulP247

PaulP247 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I would probably do some more work on graphics used.

PaulP247, Jun 5, 2018 IP
  3. Vig

Vig Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean product images or the banner on the site?

Vig, Jun 5, 2018 IP
  4. Vilhonator

Vilhonator Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would personally suggest change of domain name to something more simpler and easier to type like mcdougalwelding.com or reserve it and set DNS servers to redirect connection to one you are using at the moment.

Also it could be good idea to include open hours below your phone number so people know when you can be reached via phone and add page giving more information about your return policy, so those might be things to start asking for your web designer to plan out next. Otherwise your website looks good, plain and simple which people with less understanding of website world can find it easy to browse around.

On domain performance side of things consider adding DMARC record to DNS servers and check the SPF records, only notable issues mxtoolbox.com reports about are SMTP servers having too long transaction and connection times, missing DMARC record and too many included lookups on SPF but I don't know how crucial those are so if those can be ignored, someone with better knowledge about them feel free to correct me

Vilhonator, Jun 5, 2018 IP
    Vig likes this.
  5. Vig

Vig Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for the feedback. I'll be honest and say I'm not really sure what you mean by that last point, but I will definitely look into it. Thank you!

Vig, Jun 5, 2018 IP
  6. Megabyter

Megabyter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Website looks great, I just don't know about the domain name, the "mmm" looks a bit odd. Other than that, good stuff!

Megabyter, Jun 5, 2018 IP