1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Title Tags Make The Difference?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by charmingvideos, May 1, 2018.

My website has well written content. That being said, I have been playing around with title tags. I noticed if I change the title tag, my keyword phrase does appear at the top of google search.
    Not worry, the title tag changes have words that are written within the content.

Questions: #1, Is it a good idea to have | in the title tag?

Question 2: Currently my website shows up as Video Creator Log Angeles | Freelance Videos Maker. If I remove the slash |, would my site show up as: Video Creator Los Angles Freelance Videos?

Question #3, How long should both a title and description tag consist of?

Content is not an issue as it is well written and passes copy rights.

charmingvideos, May 1, 2018 IP
  2. dam pointing

dam pointing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The title should be of 70 characters And yes if you remove | then it will definitely be removed from the title.

dam pointing, May 4, 2018 IP
  3. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can have "|" them as long as they are relevant.

Title tags are supposed to describe your page more and more accurately. So, if they serve their purpose then its okay.

And if you are asking about meta description then I will suggest that you leave them blank. Let the search engines decide what's best for your page.

mrb1129, May 4, 2018 IP
  4. CorneliaAlan

CorneliaAlan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Title tags are used to describe the website and google values the title tags.

CorneliaAlan, May 22, 2018 IP
  5. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you even read what OP asked?

mrb1129, May 22, 2018 IP
  6. RealTraffic.Ga

RealTraffic.Ga Peon

Best Answers:
    title tags are very interesting in search engines result rank, you should be careful to choose title no more than 60 characters, containing the main keywords, better not use slash.
    but remember that the content is the most important for the seo. the content means all what the page body contain such as: text; images, videos

RealTraffic.Ga, May 22, 2018 IP
  7. Komputerking

Komputerking Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Questions: #1,
    Yes, if it facilitates making what the content is about clear and concise. Example: Top 5 DIY Raised Flower Bed Ideas | Landscaping DIY
    Question 2:
    Yes it would. The best form of a fix is a divider, a unique divider or simplified sentence form. Example: Los Angeles Based Video Creator and Freelance Videos Maker
    Question #3
    SEO Title 30-49 Characters total / SEO Meta Description: somewhere between 160-320. Err on the side of communicating clearly what the content is about and teasing the full article while using renditions of your focus keyword phrase.
    Content is not an issue as it is well written and passes copy rights.
    In this context the title, seo title, main page content, tags, categories, images and meta description should echo "diy raised flower bed" as close to that phrasing and as close to the beginning of each available data entry point.
    While maintaining readability. Try not to appear pandering. It is a delicate balance.

Komputerking, May 23, 2018 IP
  8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google no longer counts characters in your title tag. They now count pixels. At the website below there is an excellent tool that I use always to check if my title tag will fit into the Google SERPs. (P.S. I have no relationship to that website) Just type in the title text you plan to use. The tool will immediately show you if it will fit. Great tool!

https://smartsearchmarketing.com/google-title-tag-serp-preview-tool

Jim4767, May 23, 2018 IP
  9. charmingvideos

charmingvideos Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the input. I made sure my content is well written along with description tag for each page. My website now ranks in the top 20 of google out of about 49,800,000 results.

I feel simple sites are easier to SEO.

charmingvideos, May 28, 2018 IP
  10. charmingvideos

charmingvideos Member

Best Answers:
    thank you. Like that website. Gives me some ideas to run with.

charmingvideos, May 28, 2018 IP
  11. Dr. Who

Dr. Who Peon

Best Answers:
    Good title may increase your CTR from search. Also, you include keywords in your title, so the search engine can identify your page as relevant to the user's query and rank it quite well (course if your site doesn't have some serious problems with other search engine's requirements).

As I write below, the title also may increase your CTR, so it would be perfect if you had some symbols in it.

Google gives the recommendation of not using more than 70 symbols in the title because it's doesn't fit in the google search line. That is the only reason. So, if you want you could make it bigger.

Dr. Who, May 29, 2018 IP
  12. Cherie Willis

Cherie Willis Peon

Best Answers:
    Title tags in SEO are like the title of a book, the people need to know what they can expect to find on your page when they click the link.

Cherie Willis, May 29, 2018 IP
  13. sisindia

sisindia Active Member

Best Answers:
    The title tag is the most important part of SEO, so it should be catchy and justify the webpage services.

sisindia, May 30, 2018 IP
  14. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's fine using any of a title tag separators, besides it's down to personal preference, although I usually use a pipe (|) because it is clearer when looking at the title. It also depends on the title as well - sometimes a pipe won't do the job and you need to use either a colon or a comma.

Pamela Turns, May 30, 2018 IP
  15. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I consider title tags so important that I'm currently reviewing each of my 425 pages, one at a time and with in-depth keyword research, in an attempt to improve the title tags.

Jim4767, Jun 4, 2018 IP