1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to Find Copywriters

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by WittyKeyboard, May 27, 2018.

Hello all,
    I actually work on Websites, but I am planning to start a side freelance company outside of my mainline of work. I was wondering where I can find young freelance copywriters looking to get some projects in and build experience, whom I could build a partnership with. As a Designer I have a deep hatred for websites such as Fiverr or Spec work like 99Designs, and am looking for places which are not that, but finding those are somewhat elusive. I'd prefer a local to have a quick chat with but if not online will have to do.

Why am I doing this? Because if you work on Graphic Design, Website Design and Development there are commonly clients who, every now and then, have absolutely no text to show for the website they want, and rather than turning them away I'd rather have a freelance copywriter whom I have a relationship with, and would like to commission them and then add their commission fee delivery to the final product. This copywriter would not be a hire per se, but a fellow professional who as a client that go back to commission on work whenever there is something that needs some good text. It would be excellent for students or as starter projects for people looking to gather some basic experience, or perhaps 'bulk' work.

Any suggestions?

Also I would like to know when website work is requested, what kind of information would you need to get started, and around how many hours would be expected for say, a 5 page website? I realize this is different from individual to individual but I'm looking for a ball park range.

(PS if this is the wrong forum please let me know, I am new)

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    WittyKeyboard, May 27, 2018 IP
  2. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Didn't you post on another thread saying you were a writer looking for work that wasn't on Upwork or Odesk? If you're just starting out, it's likely you could do the writing jobs on top of your web design, at least at the start.

Anyway, if you want someone with experience in this kind of work - I work alongside a couple of web design companies and help them with web content and blog posts on an 'as needed' basis. You can find people like me all over the place - on here, on Reddit, via a Google search, via Twitter. It might be better to hire someone who is established rather than a newbie you can partner with, as most writers won't be willing to work purely for one client, especially if the work is scarce.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, May 27, 2018 IP
  3. WittyKeyboard

WittyKeyboard Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello I am not looking for exclusivity at all. He can do whatever he wants (or she) for other time, as a normal freelancer would.
    I mentioned in another thread that I am new to Copywriting, and I am, otherwise I wouldn't ask these questions, I also would like to get the subject more myself as I might be required to get to know some basics anywats. I am suspicious of oDesk and Upwork because for Designers those aren't really the best places, so if they are great for writers I would be surprised. Sorry for confusion I'd go back and edit that post but somehow I can't find the edit post here. :p

WittyKeyboard, May 27, 2018 IP
  4. Crimebuster_of_the_Sea

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah Upwork isn't great for writers either - it's probably one of the worst sites you can use as a writer, along with iWriter and Freelancer.

Well, if you want to send me a PM I can help you out, otherwise check out the content writing forum on here, the subreddits related to writing on Reddit, and the hashtag #writerforhire on Twitter - sure you'll find someone.

Crimebuster_of_the_Sea, May 27, 2018 IP
  5. c4cyber

c4cyber Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you can find them here. There are so many writers here that you don't need to go anywhere else. Just post your ad in Service forum and ask them for online portfolio. I'm also designer/developer and I understand how much it sucks when client come with only one line 'I need a website' ..and have no idea that he has to provide content.

c4cyber, Jun 13, 2018 IP
  6. sazilao_fillip

sazilao_fillip Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find them on freelancer, Fiverr, Dribble those are best in a kind website to find your need.

sazilao_fillip, Jun 14, 2018 IP
  7. Inkedhubwriters

Inkedhubwriters Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hope you got help on that. If not, you can PM. There are great writers within the inkedhubwriters platform. Just be sure to profile based on the exact specifics you are looking for. You can always reach out to me in case of any help with navigating that space. Hope I was helpful. Cheers!

Inkedhubwriters, Jun 19, 2018 IP
  8. Hamza Arain

Hamza Arain Peon

Best Answers:
    You can find copywriter from different platforms like fiverr and Social media such as facebook and Instagram...
    I'm a copywriter as well if you still looking for copywriters let me know I can work for you. you can inbox me or message here.

Hamza Arain, Jun 24, 2018 IP