1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Build Email Database or List

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by accofranco, May 19, 2018.

Hey guys, how is the weekend going? Hope you guys watched the royal wedding? It was cool.

Please I want to build an email database or let me say Email subscribers I can market some nice products to someday.

I haven't done this before, and I have a very active Facebook page I created some years back, and without advert, this page has grown naturally to close to 2000 active fans. Most times my page followers post or message directly to request for guide or help and when I am chanced I reply, but I haven't made a dime from this.

Now I am so ready to build an email list or database, but I don't even know where and how to go about it.

Please my questions are:

1. How do I collect their emails from the Facebook fan page automatically? And build an email subscriber database I can send out automatic emails later?

2. What tools and steps do I need to take to achieve this?

Please consider me inexperienced in your guide, thanks so much in great anticipation.

accofranco, May 19, 2018 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of methods you can use to monetize your followers. I'm sure you'll get many posts here from other members about their most preferred techniques. Keep in mind that the best path for you is to select two or three methods (at most) to start with and learn those methods.

If you try to work too many list building techniques at one time you'll get confused and overwhelmed.

Reading through your post, here is what I would do first.

With a large and active fan base, my first action would be to determine what the main points of interest of those fans are. Since those fans often ask you for guides or help you most likely know those points of interest. Next, I would create a different guide for each interest point - and format that as a PDF. In that PDF I would place links to a landing page. On that landing page, I would have an autoresponder signup form AND a free offer of a PDF on the same subject. This PDF would be more intense coverage (higher value) than the PDF that brought your visitors to the page. Inside this PDF you can place links that lead to affiliate products that relate to the point of interest that this second PDF covers. Then I would create a post on my FB page giving a description of the first PDF and the link to my landing page. A different set of PDFs and landing pages for each point of interest.

That activity alone should begin to build you a targeted list of subscribers and customers.

Set your autoresponder up with a number of informative email messages (and add to them over time). Set that up so the messages go out to your subscriber list on a schedule.

As far as tools, you'll need a word processor and the ability to convert to PDF format. I use Open Office for both of these functions. You'll need an account for hosting your websites. You'll need an autoresponder service. And I would advise a dedicated email address (one that you check on at least a daily basis) to field customer support submissions.

That should get you started. If you have any questions about this please let me know.

JoeSpirit, May 20, 2018 IP
  3. accofranco

accofranco Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, you are so kind and sound so versed in this.

Do you mind a joint venture please?

Thank you so much for your wonderful post, thank you

accofranco, May 20, 2018 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are welcome. Sending you a PM.

JoeSpirit, May 21, 2018 IP
  5. mindmedia

mindmedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First things first, for effective email marketing, you need to make sure of two things first.

1. What would someone exchange their email for? Let's say, email is a form of a currency (in digital world, it is!). So, what value are you going to give in return? eBook, tutorial, video series, etc? Make sure it is irresistible.

2. How would you keep your email list active? Just getting the email from the person is not enough. You need to build a relationship to a certain point, where he loves to read and expects your letter every other day, just like from his girlfriend or boyfriend.

You can run a contest, provide a gift or just about any value to fetch the email addresses from your Facebook page followers. Never spam though! We are living in a world where we are being regularly barraged with baloney every day. It's a pain to delete them one by one. (Well, most of them land in the "Promotions" tab anyway.

Here's an article from Kissmetrics blog. (It's a beginner's guide on email marketing.)

http://rplg.co/1ddd0240

Hope this helps.

mindmedia, May 25, 2018 IP
  6. seoauthority

seoauthority Member

Best Answers:
    PDF Ebook or a video course online are always the go-to method for capturing emails. You can also have a members only section of your website available to people who register with their emails. There are loads of possibilities, but without knowing your audience and your product, it's hard to give you an solid advice.

seoauthority, May 25, 2018 IP