1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are long URLs with '#/...' bad for SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by kkorma, May 11, 2018.

I'm having a new ecomm store built (PrestaShop) and we currently use a URL suffix like: '...product-name.html#/141-colour-423881earthy_colours005ivory' to control the default product colour.
    The whole URL including this suffix is quite long, even rewriting without the category and database codes its about 120 chrs. Is this '#/...' suffix likely bad for SEO or will it be ignored by Google?

kkorma, May 11, 2018 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No they have no effect. But I suggest that don't include '#' in your url unless you have to.

mrb1129, May 11, 2018 IP
  3. Michael Leng

Michael Leng Active Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder you intend to add such as that kinds of suffix or you just see them in the address bar?

Michael Leng, May 12, 2018 IP
  4. Sean Gugerty

Sean Gugerty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Generally when I see a pound sign within a url, it's typically either someone deadening a link like at the top of a dropdown on a navbar or an actual url that uses mouse scroll event utlizing sections with html tags. With java you can use the mouse scroll event and have users click a link that is actually within the same page, but a distance down the content. But I don't typically see it just arbitrarily for no reason.

Sean Gugerty, May 15, 2018 IP