1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What would be compelling evidence of ghosts/spirits?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Aug 26, 2017.

1. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Each has a video camera and records it happening from different angles, then makes them available for scientific study, which the results will then be presented to the United Nations. And the ghost shows up there.

usasportstraining, Apr 27, 2018 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Mass hallucinate? Never heard of that before. Got any links to support this claim?

dcristo, Apr 27, 2018 IP
  3. alwaysforGod

alwaysforGod Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suppose that, as with most things, each individual circumstance would need to be verified by any person wishing to be certain of the relative validity, and even then results can be faulty because they could, themselves, misinterpret what they are perceiving.

alwaysforGod, Apr 28, 2018 IP
  4. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I understand what a hallucination is. I was referring to mass hallucinating, implying that multiple people are seeing the same hallucination. I have never heard about this in my life. It is kinda freaky even thinking about it.

dcristo, Apr 28, 2018 IP
  5. alwaysforGod

Best Answers:
    I would think it is similar to mass hysteria, or other large groups experiencing similar things, kinda like a spiritual level of connectivity that ends up with people reaching out to each other's energy and transmitting even partial pieces of information.

6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is also called Mass Hysteria and typically revolves around an "illness" that a group seems to contract. However, it also includes mass hallucinations, an example of which many people claim is the miracle at Fatima in Portugal in which thousands of people reported seeing a miracle appearance by Mary. Here is a link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria

If scientists were also on the scene of the video taping and were able to verify that no CGI or trickery was involved with the devices, that would be pretty good. Of course, if the spirit showed up at the UN in front of live TV cameras, that might do it.

jrbiz, Apr 28, 2018 IP
  7. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Call me cynical but when it comes to religion, the credibility of the stories has to come into question. Also consider the fact these accounts came from children.

I would like to see accounts of "mass hallucinations" from adults and larger groups of people.

dcristo, Apr 28, 2018 IP
  8. alwaysforGod

Best Answers:
    May be these events are one of those things for which you "just have to be there"

jrbiz likes this.
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    That is what I am trying to explore: do you have to be there and see it for yourself or can it be proved in a way for nonparticipants to accept the evidence?

jrbiz, Apr 29, 2018 IP
  10. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think there are so many conspiracy theorists because in this day and age it's so easy to fake evidence.

dcristo, Apr 29, 2018 IP
  11. alwaysforGod

Best Answers:
    Oftentimes even something seemingly unreal has a foundation in either truth, or what was perceived to be fully true, and this certainly leaves one to wonder about what* the definition of "actual and undeniable" proof even would be, ya dig?

alwaysforGod, Apr 30, 2018 IP