1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Setting up an eCommerce site for custom-made products

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by firmo, Jan 24, 2018.

I am looking for some advice on which platform (Woo, Shopify, Wix, etc) is best to sell bespoke products.

The customer creates their own personalised product using a selection of data entry fields, drop-down boxes, and multiple choice fields. I would also like a facility whereby the customer can upload their own photo which will feature in their bespoke product.

What platforms offer this functionality?
    Which is easiest to set up?

And for those with experience, once an order is placed, how do I receive the data? Does it go in to a spreadsheet, a back-end database?

(If you make a suggestion, it would be a massive help if you could provide an example of a working eCommerce site using similar functionality)

firmo, Jan 24, 2018 IP
  2. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

OnlineWorkIdeas_com Member

Best Answers:
    Prestashop allows you to setup different images for different product attributes. You have to test in their live demo site or download Prestashop and text it with XAMPP installed in your PC (install XAMPP and then go to C>Xampp>Htdocs and unzip PrestaShop there and install thought 'Install' folder - read installation instructions anyhow). Then go 'Catalogue>Add new product>Combinations>Product Combination Generator' to create customizations.
    To further extend your custom products configuration you might need the paid module (Google: 'PrestaShop addon custom product' and check demo).
    Surely other Shopify & Magento has this functionality and need to check its forum and marketplace and then test them.

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Jan 25, 2018 IP
  3. rajkumar mudaliyar

rajkumar mudaliyar Member

Best Answers:
    I will suggest you Shopify as I also use it but till date didn't get any issue with then regarding payment gateway and other and it is very easy to setup store there.

rajkumar mudaliyar, Feb 21, 2018 IP
  4. Jeff Daigle

Jeff Daigle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wix won’t be able to do this, but both WooCommerce and Shopify can. I personally prefer WooCommerce since the overall cost to run is cheaper once you get it set up, and you’re not locked in to any one service provider the way that you are with Shopify. However either one will do the job.

On WooCommerce you’ll want to use the WooCommerce Product Add-Ons extension or similar. Here are a couple of sites that I’ve built for clients that use that extension for customization:

ChocolateAndSteel dot com: Look at any of the products in the “Long Bar Quotes” category to see how we set up options for quote, material, chain length, beads, etc.

JollyBod dot com: The Gift Label feature was created with the Product Add-Ons extension and some custom code.

Jeff Daigle, Feb 28, 2018 IP
  5. victoria.onilab

victoria.onilab Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento would be the best choice if you aim to develop your store in future. It might cost some money to support M but in the end you won't find a single huge and world-renowned brand built on shopify or woocommerce :(

victoria.onilab, Apr 10, 2018 IP
  6. victoria.onilab

victoria.onilab Peon

Best Answers:
    + getting personalized products is what Magento is good at. Check https://www.brightstarkids.com.au/ and add your name to the cutest tote bags haha - just love the website, it's so cute^^

victoria.onilab, Apr 10, 2018 IP
  7. neeteshdp

neeteshdp Member

Best Answers:
    Shopify is best for Ecommerce !

- Wordpress Developer

neeteshdp, Apr 25, 2018 IP
  8. dilawer

dilawer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Shopify should suffice in this case.

dilawer, Apr 25, 2018 IP