1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reaching THEIR Followers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by scaramcnamara, Apr 23, 2018.

I am a new Twitter user & I've been having trouble figuring out how to get people to even 'see' my tweets, as I presume many of you are as well.:confused:

Here is the format I'm currently using:
    Hi there, i really would like a bunch of people to see this tweet. i need tons of help because i am completely oblivious to the inner workings of this so-called 'twitter' thang. if you could please sir and/or madam help me out, much obliged. So long, bye!
    @jake @harveydent @primus

Then before I post, I make sure to 'follow' those @ twitter handles before I send off the tweet, hoping that it will then subsequently reach all of their 50k followers as well, but it does not seem to be working. At. All.
    Anybody got suggestions? Should I change the format of the tweet, or is there another fundamental step I'm missing? Thanks!

is it spamming?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2018
    scaramcnamara, Apr 23, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    gotcha, the formula is right but you need to have a base to start with otherwise you look like a try-hard. I suspect that because you are targetting, unsubtly, high profile people that Twitter's algorithms are burying your tweets.

upload_2018-4-24_10-41-58.png

I'm not a twitter expert, suffering through my first 11k reply at the moment (it's been interesting) but I'd recommend you find some people you want to follow and aim to be among the first to reply when they tweet (use IFTT or a similar tool). If your replies are witty, controversial etc you'll get people following you. Once you have a base you can start with the tweets like the one you've done.

sarahk, Apr 23, 2018 IP
  3. scaramcnamara

scaramcnamara Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for that :confused: What I'm trying now is to go for lower-profile celebs with less than 50k followers. Twitter, like Facebook, can have a bit of a steep learning curve for novices like me when it involves complex algorithms & such. Thanks again!

(I never thought about it before how they could 'disappear' certain tweets if they weren't A-list.)

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    focus on replies rather than trying to initiate the conversation.

sarahk, Apr 23, 2018 IP
  5. scaramcnamara

scaramcnamara Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought that I might have better luck with that route as well. Seems like a little more effort at first, but probably once you get a lot going on in your feed from the people you follow that it would get easier over time.

6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Lots depends on what you eventually want to use the account for.

Example: https://twitter.com/landpsychology commercial, they post a regular rotation of cute animal photos and then every so often put in a link to their shitty website.

Example: https://twitter.com/TakedownMRAs noncommercial, focussed on a single issue

Example: https://twitter.com/ManInTheHoody noncommercial, politically motivated

Find successful examples of the type of account you want to have - even if they aren't aligned with your goals and study their old tweets as well as their current to gauge how they got big.

sarahk, Apr 23, 2018 IP
  7. scaramcnamara

scaramcnamara Peon

Best Answers:
    This was all very helpful! :oops:
    I think I totally get it now. It's exactly like Facebook, except it's got celebrities on it, & everything moves much more rapidly.
    If Facebook were like coke, then Twitter would be crack.
    It's like a video game where you have to start out small & work your way up. You can't just come from the boat & walk directly into the mansion, mow everyone down & then move in; First you get the money, then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.
    Interesting.
    I'm starting over. Deleted everything.

8. scaramcnamara

scaramcnamara Peon

Best Answers:
    sarahk: I wanted to delete this thread but I couldn't figure it out & cannot even sit in this chair anymore my back is hurting so much.
    Could you do me a huge favor & delete the quote above of my tweet? Thank you!!

9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Anyone can jump from your username to your feed. What's the issue?

sarahk, Apr 23, 2018 IP
  10. scaramcnamara

scaramcnamara Peon

Best Answers:
    no big issue--just wanna start over from scratch. frustrating.

scaramcnamara, Apr 24, 2018 IP