1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Group

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Carl05, Apr 19, 2018.

I few years ago I started a facebook group for my town to share some old pictures of it... The town has around 200,000 population total...

The group has grown and grown to at current, 29,079 members (around 1/6 of the population including kids etc who cannot be members), about 99% of which are residents.. The insights say 754 new members in the last 28 days and 105.2k new posts and reactions in the same period... New members are and always have been vetted to ensure they are a part of the community...

I have never advertised the group anywhere, it is just growing word of mouth... I'd go as far as sating that in the town, everybody who is on facebook has heard of the group in some form..

My question is, does or would the group have a retail value if it was ever sold

Carl05, Apr 19, 2018 IP
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My first thought is to say no since the majority of the members are local and likely joined only to view the old pictures of their town.

Although you possibly could monetize the site by marketing framed copies of the pictures they're interested in. You might also market prints and a selection of frames. That way they could choose the frame they prefer and frame the print themselves.

JoeSpirit, Apr 20, 2018 IP
    Chiedo and Carl05 like this.