1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Freelance Software Work

Discussion in 'General Business' started by RDarby, Apr 13, 2018.

Hi All,

I am trying to find freelance software dev work, I find that UpWork and freelancer arent very friendly to newbies - seems very difficult to get a gig.

What other good platforms are out there?

Thanks in advance

RDarby, Apr 13, 2018 IP
  2. Chiedo

Chiedo Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to throw salt on your game but Upwork is where it's at.

Yeah, you're a newbie and yes it will be difficult to get a gig. The same will apply in the majority of places.

I used upwork (ODesk at the time) back when I was a freelancer and to get my initial gigs, I had to work for WAY LESS than I was worth.

But it's worth it.

Do your first 2-4 gigs dirt-cheap and do them well. After that point, it will be way easier to get paid what your skills are worth :)

But there's no shortcut.

Chiedo, Apr 18, 2018 IP
  3. RomanEpo

RomanEpo Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of platform from freelancer.Everyone searching low price and good review holder freelancer. Thats why there are very tuft to get self position.While you are applying for work ,somebody take this unethical advantage from newbies, will work but will not pay.After all , if you can get set once,it will be easy for you.

RomanEpo, Apr 18, 2018 IP
  4. bestwriter

bestwriter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try Fiverr, SEOClerks. As others told you price your services less than what you think others should pay you. Alternatively be a buyer for few days and find out what prices other sellers are offering. I hope I have explained a lot.

bestwriter, Apr 18, 2018 IP
  5. dam pointing

dam pointing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should try out the "fiverr". In comparison in this website you will have better chance to get work but man you should have patience. On this freelancing sites it takes time to establish your presence.

dam pointing, Apr 18, 2018 IP
  6. Jacob Hawkins

Jacob Hawkins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to earn money online, there is lots of option available like Write And Sell An Ebook,

sell audiobooks with audible, use mechanical turk, Offer gigs On fiverr, Sell professional services On upwork or 99designs, Email marketing.

Jacob Hawkins, Apr 28, 2018 IP
  7. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Try to stay away from interviews scheduled timely and keep trying, apply to projects on upwork and freelancer and the people having reputed profiles will start to get down the list resulting in loosing some of the clients.

degreubiwa, May 12, 2018 IP
  8. pagecoder

pagecoder Banned

Best Answers:
    if you go to 'good' plateforms, they all are flooded with people
    so many freelancers with high ranking
    left newbies with no contract
    you have two choices
    1. ask for so low money that u get job
    2. try to find work offline as well, in your local area using classified websites.

pagecoder, May 31, 2018 IP
  9. salifu

salifu Peon

Best Answers:
    So i saw this technique a few days ago. I have not yet tried it so i cannot tell you 100% the result even though i trust the guy who shared it 100%.
    1. You go on upwork and check on the jobs being posted by people.
    2. Make a list of those you want to tackle
    3. Create a video solving those problems (1 solution per video) e.g how to fix wordpress database corrupted.
    4. in the beginning and the end of the video let the viewers know that if they want to hire you to do same work for them you are available. Remember even though you are sharing the solution, not everyone is technically conscious. Some people will prefer you do it for them
    5. create page or mini sales page with your payment option. Youtube is vast so you are bound to get at least one or two people to hire you for the job, especially i your video gets a lot of views
    6. rinse and repeat.

salifu, Jun 1, 2018 IP
    xInd likes this.
  10. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You can look into Work N hire. In fact, Facebook groups are also there for freelancing work. You can look into that too.

eric_wahlberg, Jun 12, 2018 IP
  11. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There's also the age old direct message. Just pay attention online to who's out there paying for work. Lots of businesses and entrepreneurs source out work regularly, and if you approach them with a polite request to be put on the list should they need your services, it's usually not an unwelcome message. It helps if you are able to make a connection with them, by walking into their office in person, calling them on the phone, or contacting through social media, forums etc particularly if you're able to score an introduction from a mutual friend.

xInd, Jun 12, 2018 IP
  12. iHostingX.com

iHostingX.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What kind of software development do you do, RDarby?

iHostingX.com, Jun 12, 2018 IP