1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Drupal Theme Modification

Discussion in 'Drupal' started by xarzu, Mar 22, 2018.

The theme I am using has a slider -- a panel of automatically changing images to display a topic that the user can choose -- but it only shows a few slides. I want to extend it to a dozen slides. I did simple text searches to determine which files in the theme are used code files to provide the functionality to the slider. That was the easy part. I was able to extend the code from the few slides to 12 slides.

Now comes the more difficult and hidden part. As I see it, each slide has two parts that are not hard coded. First, each slide has a caption -- a text description. Secondly, each slide has a URL associated with it that is where the browser goes if the user clicks on the slide. These two things are not hard coded in any of the PHP or other files, as far as I can tell. They can be edited by the admin in the drupal backend admin settings.

So I assumed that these fields are somehow set and retained in the database. But I did a search on a downloaded copy of the database and I did not find this text.

Please advise. What additional work do I need to do to complete this task?

I suppose I could just forge ahead. Obviously this data is being stored somewhere. Maybe they are stored in the database in an encrypted form for security reasons. I could do an ftp upload of the site theme files. But then what? Do I uninstall the theme and then reinstall it? Do I just deactivate it and then reactivate it? How do I make my code changes work?

xarzu, Mar 22, 2018 IP
  2. RomanEpo

RomanEpo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is the part of module,Check all modules and theme for find our exact code location for tracing your issue. Drupal MVC Framework's issue getting out is a little hard ,but the best one.

RomanEpo, Apr 17, 2018 IP
  3. Komputerking

Komputerking Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Was the slider installed as part of the theme? If so, then it most likely set it up via views, and created a Slider content type which contains the information you are looking for. Drupal generally doesn't hard code stuff like that in their themes, especially if it is a paid theme, so I am guessing either a block, or view is populating the data for the slider module.

When logged in as an admin, hover over the slider, and if the cogwheel pops up, click on it to edit the slider block, and see where the data is coming from. It will generally list a view, which you can then use to find and populate with more information.

Komputerking, Jul 31, 2018 IP
  4. SEODon

SEODon Active Member

Best Answers:
    please follow Komputerking ... he wrote well. Slide almost comes from views .. may be views have some limitation to display the images .... you have to change that to show rest your images.

SEODon, Dec 30, 2018 IP