1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is the new update from Google helpful for SEO activities?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Elnora Bunton, Oct 2, 2017.

I find the new update very quite a drastic shift from the regular ones!

Elnora Bunton, Oct 2, 2017 IP
  2. madhav

madhav Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can you share the latest Google updates, I didn't found news about the recent Google algorithm change

madhav, Oct 6, 2017 IP
  3. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the recent update by the Google was on 19th August 2017 and it is all about the quality. Quality of the content, your backlinks quality and more.
    After this update, Many people facing the ranking drop problem.

Sumit_Singh, Oct 6, 2017 IP
  4. MIkael Soerensen

MIkael Soerensen Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Elnora Bunton.
    Basicly what the update did, or atleast in Denmark, was that all websites with a contact formular and which didn't have SSL certificate got a danger error "this page is not safe" which gave alot of webpages a higher bounce rate. And the problem with this, is whenever you are going to buy a SSL certificate for your customer, your rankings will fall for atleast 2 weeks to a month, so people who didn't buy ssl certifcate the second they rolled out the update, are gonna get hurt for Black friday or even christmas.

MIkael Soerensen, Oct 24, 2017 IP
  5. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google always updates its ranking algorithm and there is no doubt in it. However creating quality content and backlinks helps you to sustain your rankings in SERP. Just follow all the webmasters guidelines and maintain the quality of your site.

iwebsocial, Oct 25, 2017 IP
  6. Dataster

Dataster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any source for this?

As far as I know, Google clearly stated, that they've stopped rolling out 2-3 major updates this year. Instead, it's a permanent process of optimizing the algorithm. And it's always about quality.

Dataster, Oct 27, 2017 IP
  7. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google released the new algos frequently and not all are announced officially but impact our ranking. And the new algos are all about the quality as you mentioned.
    I read the post about on SEO chat forum but after that, I think so many other algorithms are introduced.

Sumit_Singh, Oct 27, 2017 IP
  8. shaun-m

shaun-m Member

Best Answers:
    https://algoroo.com/ are showing a fair few ambers over the past few weeks. Personally, I haven't noticed anything on my own sites but I have seen a few threads out there where people have been hit.

shaun-m, Oct 29, 2017 IP
  9. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Always remember that Google is continuously updating its core of algorithm for the users not for SEO because they are focusing on providing the best and related information to the users query.

KylieSweet, Oct 29, 2017 IP
  10. Dataster

Dataster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Kylie is right! And as long as you focus on quality and don't dip into grey or black hat techniques, everything's cool.

Dataster, Nov 10, 2017 IP
  11. ibt

ibt Member

Best Answers:
    Google update always quality content and if you have quality content then you can win any race of keywords

ibt, Dec 5, 2017 IP
  12. bobocheez

bobocheez Active Member

Best Answers:
    And they have to balance that with getting the highest ROI on their ads.

Forgot where I heard this, but "If you take care of you visitors, Google takes care of you." Those methods aren't inherently bad. It's just that the people who try to use it as a shortcut also cut corners on the user experience for a quick buck. If a site doesn't take off after the initial push, it's mediocre at best.

bobocheez, Dec 14, 2017 IP
  13. Highlandspring

Highlandspring Member

Best Answers:
    Try and focus instead on your conversions, ie sales closed, ads clicked, pages views, whatever is the driver of your business model. I used to read the main SEO forums everyday but I long gave up on that and now spend 100% on content creation and link building, studying my competitors, working out how to beat them and son on. It's pretty much my approach now.

Highlandspring, Feb 9, 2018 IP
  14. bellagarcia

bellagarcia Peon

Best Answers:
    Google always make updates to their algorithm and it's nothing new. As for me, I always do my usual stuff by creating quality links and adopting for new updates.

bellagarcia, Feb 15, 2018 IP
  15. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    "No! The latest update (take your pick) is horrible!"

usasportstraining, Feb 16, 2018 IP
  16. Minaitse

Minaitse Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is easy to find the latest Google updates, but really difficult to decide what to do next. As a SEO I honestly hate these "guess what to do next" updates. It would be fair from Google`s side to let SEO to know, what should be rebuilt. But...Google behaves like an monopoly company wants.

Minaitse, Apr 13, 2018 IP