1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest $100 Contest - WordPress Hosting and Support Brand

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by davidcubed, Apr 6, 2018.

The company name is PressTitan <- All one word, capital P and capital T.

What Does PressTitan do?
    We provide elite level WordPress hosting and support services. We optimize WordPress websites and help businesses grow through technical SEO (faster load times, better hosting, properly setup caching and CDNs).

Logo Use
    The logo will be used on our website as well as business cards, email signatures, etc... So preference will be given to those doing the work in vector.

Colours?
    We like strong corporate blues as well as more electric blues (#0277bd #1976d2). We'd also consider a logo done in green (like #00695c) or mostly black/greys with a light use of a highlight colour. Feel free to go outside this range, but no reds, purples or oranges.

Style
    We are looking for modern typography, but the logo can have some old world appeal to it. The name PressTitan comes from WordPress and Titan (the Greek gods before there were Greek gods). So some iconic Greek God symbol (shield, helmet, fire, fist) mixed with technological elements may attract more interest, depending on how they are integrated. The logo doesn't need to have the PT initials integrated into it.

Deliverables
    We need the logo as an Illustrator or other Vector Format as well as transparent PNG. Ideally in a colourized (if there are colours), all black and all white versions. If any fonts are used, we need a copy of that font file.

If you don't work in a vector application, we need the PSD and the logo should be clear at 4000x4000 pixels at 300 pixels per inch as well as being usable at 200x200 @ 72dpi.

Payment
    To be paid using Paypal.

Completion Date
    This contest closes on April 11th at 12:01 PM EST.

Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns. I will do my best to respond and comment on every entry added here.

Please note: I may not be able to give detailed critiques on entry follow-ups though, so feel free to ask questions before you submit your first entry to put your best foot forward.

davidcubed, Apr 6, 2018 IP
    Orlando M likes this.
  2. collegerut

collegerut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PressTitan.jpg

collegerut, Apr 6, 2018 IP
  3. Untidy

Untidy Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi there,
    I will be participating in this contest!

Regards,

Untidy, Apr 7, 2018 IP
  4. Altruist Design

Altruist Design Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I chose a Greek column to represent support services. Thinking of Atlas supporting the World.
    [​IMG]

Altruist Design, Apr 7, 2018 IP
  5. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    getdomain4u, Apr 7, 2018 IP
    Zoti Media Group likes this.
  6. galalogo

galalogo Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    logo.jpg

galalogo, Apr 7, 2018 IP
  7. satyasainadhgoteti

satyasainadhgoteti Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    logo.png

satyasainadhgoteti, Apr 7, 2018 IP
  8. Orlando M

Orlando M Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Greetings! Here's my proposal.

[​IMG]

Orlando M, Apr 7, 2018 IP
  9. logos4all

logos4all Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

logos4all, Apr 7, 2018 IP
  10. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

katesrobyn, Apr 8, 2018 IP
  11. iamwiki

iamwiki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

iamwiki, Apr 8, 2018 IP
  12. davidcubed

davidcubed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi everyone,

I'm going to be brutal in my critiques, and that's only because I want both for us to get an amazing logo and for you all to get some insight into my mind... I am Canadian, so this will be difficult for me.

@collegerut - I appreciate the attempt, but it doesn't feel right. The P in Press integrated into the blank spot in the shield-esque logo makes it feel off balance. The typography feels wrong too, as the SS looks smaller than the other letters and the distance between letters is so tight. The treatment overall feels very beginner. I also get a coding sense from the logo and that's not what we do. Lastly, what' are the dots supposed to represent in the shield? Looks like a weird road or something.

@Untidy - I look forward to your submission.

@Altruist Design - I like that you explained your submission, but for some reason it feels very "bank" like. Also the two tone green and blue seems at odds to me, maybe the green comes in too yellow or something? The PressTitan text looks interesting, but I'd like to see it as a single colour and oddly enough to me it feels very "airline" versus tech company, you know? As for the logo, it looks like ET from the ET Movie staring at me... It doesn't feel tech like.

@getdomain4u - Not bad at all. I like the roman centurian helmet, but as it stands now, it doesn't say much on its own. The colours look good. I like the font used for Titan, but one issue is you can't tell the brand capitalizations (the P and T) and it looks like two separate words PRESS TITAN versus PressTitan. If I were to make suggestions, I'd love to see the helmet within a circle with maybe a smaller circle orbiting it? Something to emphasize scale/protection/growth. A front-runner for me though.

@galalogo - Pretty simplistic. The centurian helmet looks like the Drupal D which would run counter to our WordPress focus. Maybe if it looked like it was on a sylized P instead? PressTitan font looks good, but the spacing between letters feels a bit off (maybe too tight?)

@satyasainadhgotet - What a name, first of all... Your submission looks gret slapdash. That means it looks thrown together without thought or effort. The typography is wrong in terms of its stylistic choice, and the fist, while something that appeas to me, looks like badly rendered speed Photoshop with a flame that was taken from some clipart site. Sorry.

@Orlando M - Very interesting concept. Digital sword appeals to me. I like the typography and how you varied the dark vs light. I am a bit concerned that the capital P and capital T don't stand out as we'd like. And the circles at the end of the sword, while interesting, don't really "cut" as well as something like triangles or diamonds. I'd also like to see this encompassed in a filled in circle and I'm concerned about the balance of the sword to the logo text as it looks a bit heavy/large because of its longer vs wider need (because it's a sword!) Very cool, one of my top picks.

@logos4all - Super interesting take. I am a bit worried about the Christian religious connotation of a trident (Satan) but otherwise, I like it a lot. I'd love to see the trident swapped out with a spear or sword. I'm not 100% sold on either font chosen for the text, and would love to see you two tone the text to get a feel for what that'd look like (maybe using the dark grey and blue?) OUt of the two fonts, I'd say the first is closer to right than the second.

@katesrobyn - Not really getting a good understanding of what I'm looking at with regards to this logo. The font used definitely screams "roman" but maybe too much so. I like how Titan looks in the font, but not Press. I will also note that I'm not a fan of not being able to tell that the P and T are capitals. As for your logo image, I can't really comment as I can't tell what I'm looking at.

@iamwiki - It feels like a golf logo with the two action swoosh lines. The font chosen looks nice but being all caps makes it difficult to tell that the P and T are capital letters. We don't want people thinking our brand is PRESSTITAN or presstitan or Presstitan. I like that you went in a very different direction with your logo but it doesn't feel like it is for a company that provides tech services in the WordPress or web hosting space.

davidcubed, Apr 8, 2018 IP
  13. Altruist Design

Altruist Design Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    With this design I was inspired by the Greek "meandros" pattern. It it made to look like the letter P but also a partial letter T.
    I am going for a clean, simple and brandable look.

[​IMG]

Altruist Design, Apr 8, 2018 IP
  14. katesrobyn

katesrobyn Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    okay . i will make a revision, thanks!

katesrobyn, Apr 8, 2018 IP
  15. logos4all

logos4all Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the feedback appreciate it, a revision.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    logos4all, Apr 8, 2018 IP
  16. Orlando M

Orlando M Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here's another concept using diamonds instead of circles. This time using filled ends vs stroked ends. Also trying a different font to emphazise the size and the caps P/T

Kinds regards and looking forward to the next comment
    [​IMG]

Orlando M, Apr 8, 2018 IP
  17. getdomain4u

getdomain4u Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you for your feedback. Here is the revision, anything else please let me know.

[​IMG]

getdomain4u, Apr 9, 2018 IP
  18. Athisa

Athisa Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1a.png

Athisa, Apr 9, 2018 IP
  19. iamwiki

iamwiki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

iamwiki, Apr 9, 2018 IP
  20. davidcubed

davidcubed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @Altruist Design - I showed this to my business partner and his only comment was "can I see it with all caps text with the P and T larger than the rest of the caps? He loves the simplicity of the design as well as the inspiration and the overall branding opportunity. Kudos to you!

@logos4all - I think it looks really good, but can we see a version without the hair on it to see just the "digital" circle and the spear? We like the all caps approach as well, but can you have the P and T be larger than the rest of the letters? I really appreciate the extra effort you put in to show the logo in use. When looking at that, it makes it super easy to see its application and that's very engaging!

@Orlando M - I think the clean lines in your last font choice was more right than this one. I love the diamond ends of the sword. That's very cool. I'm torn on the filled ends vs not-filled ends. I'm also still a bit concerned about the logo and type balance as the logo is very tall.

@getdomain4u - I like the helmet with the orbiting dot, though I'm worried the dotted line will look off at smaller sizes. I like the font you used before with the all caps over the new one with just the P and T capitalized, but I'd like to see the P and T larger than the rest of the letters. Surrounding the helmet in the meandros pattern actually makes the logo too heavy in my opinion and it comes into conflict a bit with the hair on the helmet, making it look off balance. Though I have to admit, it almost feels like a Stargate in the final image, which as a geek makes me giddy.

@Athisa - There's something about this that we like, but We'd like to see how it looks with the logo to the left of the text. Also, as we've stated elsewhere, we'd like the P and T to get more attention and be larger than the rest of the text, though we like the text to be capitalized, so don't change to lower case letters. Can you explain your inspiration a bit?

@iamwiki - It's a bit on the nose, bud. The helmet with some digital dots. While it does fit the criteria, it is a bit "easy" in a way that isn't possible. I appreciate that you have the P and T larger. I am not totally sold on the font though. I like more block/clean line fonts. The helmet design looks okay but the thin lines providing extra detail actually detract from the clean appearance we are looking for.

davidcubed, Apr 9, 2018 IP
    Orlando M likes this.