1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My business is in a very niche market, how can I drive the right customers to my site?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TheInternationalTeacher, Mar 18, 2018.

I run a business that advertises international teaching vacancies for certified teachers (https://www.theinternationalteacher.net) and after a ton of research into SEO I'm still having a hard time even being visible on google's first 20 pages. It's my understanding that I need to build domain authority through backlinks and I have done some guest blogging but the number of blogs/possibilities for this audience is very limited as most of the relevant sites are run by competing businesses. How can I increase my search ranking in such a niche market?
    Thanks for the support!

TheInternationalTeacher, Mar 18, 2018 IP
  2. mrb1129

mrb1129 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried guest blogging in niches say 'Teaching Faculty' or just 'Teaching' ??

mrb1129, Mar 18, 2018 IP
  3. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For one thing, write your webpage content to contain multiple variations and synonyms of your "niche" keywords.

Jim4767, Mar 19, 2018 IP
  4. SEO-Jay

SEO-Jay Member

Best Answers:
    How long has your site been live?
    It will take over 6 months to get out of the Google Sandbox; at this time you should start to rank more easily for your search terms.
    That being said ensure your keywords are not too difficult.
    I would also look to see where teachers reside on the web; there may be some teaching forums that would help get in front of them

SEO-Jay, Mar 20, 2018 IP
  5. bradshaw

bradshaw Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    First of all, you are targeting international market then competition will too high because of this. you need first select right long tail keyword with low competition and write unique and informative content to the website. Content will play a vital role to increasing traffic and keyword ranking.

bradshaw, Mar 27, 2018 IP
  6. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    You have to make sure that you work on your niche to honor search engine rules.

Dario McNut, Mar 30, 2018 IP
  7. Rj Maan

Rj Maan Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, it is a long process but you need to get more and more quality backlinks relative to your site niche.

Rj Maan, Apr 3, 2018 IP
  8. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are there any discussion forums available in your niche (teaching) ? If there are, you have a huge target audience just waiting for you.

Tom Lindstrom, Apr 4, 2018 IP