1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where to buy a domain and web hosting?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Stephen Thomas, Mar 20, 2018.

Hello Friends,
    I am new to blogging world. I need your suggestions on "From where to buy a domain and web hosting?"
    Please suggest with proper reasons. Why that particular website.

Waiting for your response.

Stephen Thomas, Mar 20, 2018 IP
  2. bxqzblog

bxqzblog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is the best place to buy domains from but I wouldn't use their hosting. For domains, they have great prices and it's easy to find discounts.

For hosting... it depends. Maybe a blog oriented host since you want to host a blog? Just search 'wordpress host' in google, then take the most attractive 3 options. Google each of their names to see what reputation they have and then decide. 30 minutes later, you'll have a new host :)

bxqzblog, Mar 20, 2018 IP
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use Namecheap for my domains and have been happy with both their pricing & support. They also offer discounts from time to time.

For hosting, I use Namecheap and Lifetime Hosting.

Namecheap I opened a hosting account with when they first started offering the service and stayed with them because I like their support and I've never had any real painful problems with the sites I host there. Some of those sites are word press platform.

Lifetime I use because I only had to pay a one-time fee (no monthly) for as long as I maintain my account. They monetize with affiliate offers to their members so you have to be willing to receive promotional emails from them. Other than that the only potential drawback is that they provide about half the storage space as the major hosting companies do, which I haven't found to cause me any difficulties over the couple of years or so that my account has been active. Those sites are also on word press platform.

JoeSpirit, Mar 20, 2018 IP
  4. Shannontammi

Shannontammi Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Stephen, I built my blog with WordPress & self hosted with SiteGround. I would recommend SiteGround to anyone and that's just because they have plans starting out as low as $3.95 a month and they offer the same and more than any other company I've researched so you get a lot of bang for your buck. Their prices are bundled into an annually charge though (most self hosting companies bundle their prices like that).

Although keep in mind that even though it's best, you don't have to self-host to start up a blog. You can start your blog and then switch over later.

I hope my advice helped & I wish you nothing but the best on your blogging journey!

Check out >>>> https://unlockingyoursuccess.online/2018/03/16/how-to-start-a-profitable-blog-from-scratch/

-Shannon

Shannontammi, Mar 26, 2018 IP
  5. dimitarang

dimitarang Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Both hands up for namecheap.

dimitarang, Mar 27, 2018 IP
  6. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're after UK Web Hosting, we are currently offering Free UK Web Hosting for a limited time only. Click UK Web Hosting

Using our one click scripts, you can install blogging apps such as Wordpress with a click.

gkd_uk, Mar 27, 2018 IP
  7. tamimsajid

tamimsajid Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a business website created by a professional on html:
    1. I want to start blogging for my business and promote my website
    2. What should be my strategy?

tamimsajid, Apr 8, 2018 IP
  8. Winnerdomain1

Winnerdomain1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    I've only bought my domains from Godaddy. They have pretty good service. It's 24/7 customer service. I like that.

Winnerdomain1, Apr 8, 2018 IP
  9. AdequateContent

AdequateContent Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many good options. I'd mention a few from those.
    - Namecheap (affordable)
    - SiteGround (Slight costlier but high in quality)
    - Blue Host

Most of the hosting services are providing free domain registration with the purchase of hosting. So no need to find other service providers just for domain registration.

AdequateContent, Apr 11, 2018 IP
  10. dam pointing

dam pointing Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are you seriously asking his question friend. There are lots of web hosting service providers hostgator, godaddy, etc.. Man you can just pay the usual price for a domain and you will have your own place on WWW.

dam pointing, Apr 18, 2018 IP
  11. Satya Joshi

Satya Joshi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see there are people suggesting Namecheap; It's good but please don't go for Godaddy, it's not up to the mark; After few days our website went down and many things happened;

If you are looking for better support part then you can go for site ground I guess; Its little expensive but worthy my colleagues have been saying that;

Satya Joshi, Apr 21, 2018 IP
  12. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What sort of things happened with Godaddy?

JoeSpirit, Apr 22, 2018 IP
  13. blueink02

blueink02 Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy is best for purchasing domains though their hosting service have got mixed reviews. So its safe to buy your preferred domain from them as these domains are cheap and best. Once you buy a domain, just sign up with siteground hosting service and choose your preferred plan. Siteground is good especially for beginners as they are affordable and more customer friendly.their technical support is far more better than any other hosting service. Godaddy domain and siteground hosting is a good combo.

blueink02, Apr 24, 2018 IP
  14. unisecureus

unisecureus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are looking web hosting services in US then Unisecure Data Centers is best option.

unisecureus, May 9, 2018 IP
  15. kunnusingh

kunnusingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I heard that Godaddy is not good, Support is weird.

I don't know why people recommended them. Maybe just for posting reply or just recommend them because of they are big ;)

kunnusingh, May 21, 2018 IP
  16. Komputerking

Komputerking Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1and1 is really cheap for domain names and typically have deals. If you are looking for webhosting still our company does webhosting and we could help you on out

Komputerking, Jun 27, 2018 IP
  17. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Namecheap is a great choice for web hosting and domain name registration. I am using them for past 8 months and never had any issues with them.

iwebsocial, Jun 27, 2018 IP
  18. citadelserver281

citadelserver281 Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a large number of hosting and domains, you must find the one that most agrees with the project you want to host. The capacity and availability of the domain they wish to choose.

citadelserver281, Jul 27, 2018 IP
  19. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can choose from the following
    Reseller Club
    Blue Host
    NameCheap

Sumit_Singh, Jul 27, 2018 IP
  20. zainsultan

zainsultan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Update unique content and then share on all social media accounts. This is the best way to promote online business.

zainsultan, Nov 6, 2018 IP