1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do You Think Rewriting Content Is Plagiarism?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by amanstyle, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Diskretni

Diskretni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It definetaly is,but sometimes you have to be a bad person in order to succeed.

Diskretni, Aug 1, 2016 IP
  2. Sherri Jackson

Sherri Jackson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, if you are rewriting someone else's work. There is so much time spent trying to write original content, that I will always outsource when an article is needed. And even though the person that I chose writes thousands of articles on one topic, I believe it is impossible for anyone to plagiarize their own work. IMO

Sherri Jackson, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  3. A.H. Sagar

A.H. Sagar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your excellent answer... you have covered the actual facts of rewriting...

A.H. Sagar, Nov 9, 2016 IP
  4. Kellen Derry

Kellen Derry Peon

Best Answers:
    Rewriting is definitely not plagiarism. You are taking the original sources information that maybe you didn't have access to (no insider connections, a smaller budget, geographical limitations) and turning it into your own version of the news. You must credit your sources for their work, which is usually done by linking the page where you found the info. Injecting your own personality is essential as well. You are trying to get readers to visit your site, and by writing a story better than another author, you can achieve that.

Kellen Derry, Nov 9, 2016 IP
  5. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    Paraphrase it, use other words (you can use thesaurus.com to find synonyms)- so it's not considered as plagiarism. If you use sentences exactly the same as the original article, yeah. it's plagiarism

Klepon Pink, Nov 16, 2016 IP
  6. Bhavna Malhi

Bhavna Malhi Member

Best Answers:
    No, rewriting the content is not the plagiarized one. Because ideas are same but the content differs.

Bhavna Malhi, Nov 16, 2016 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rewriting a content with own signature is not plagiarism because it is not copied word by word with same structures but based on the original idea you can have diversions to create a new as well as interesting content.

KylieSweet, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  8. Davinstower

Davinstower Member

Best Answers:
    Rewriting a content can be plagiarism and may not

Looking a various definition of plagiarism, plagiarism can occur when the writer fail to acknowledge or give credit to the author or source of information

Rewriting your content, giving credit to authors or source of information, doing proper citation, quotation or paraphrase can avoid your content from being plagiarize

I believe failing to adhere to copyright law, content policy or plagiarism will make you a plagiarizer Plagiarisim content is dangerious.png

Davinstower, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  9. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Rewriting in a form of different content or to be based on your opinion is not considered plagiarism.
    Unless if rewriting it in a way that you will just replace certain words, or construct it into another sentence then that would be plagiarism.

Patricia Ann Lee, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  10. ThirdEyeBright

ThirdEyeBright Peon

Best Answers:
    Get over it People. Everything in Life is derivative. Warhol clipped from Campbell's. The Beatles stole from Chuck Berry. Picasso had no influences, you believe that? Its an evolutionary process. Formula: 1. Borrow + Improvise + Evolve; 2. put those ingredients into your creative blender; 3. mix well; 4. voila ! (if you are lucky...you have created something that has never existed before (but, remember, it didn't appear from thin air).

ThirdEyeBright, Dec 29, 2016 IP
  11. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ulterios, Dec 29, 2016 IP
  12. Dave_Wils

Dave_Wils Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would jokingly admit that rewriting is sort of art. You need a vocabulary, intelligence, and style to be good at it :)
    Joking apart: this is plagiarism and evil. But it may be a necessary evil you should not be proud of.

Dave_Wils, Mar 21, 2018 IP
  13. Shanita

Shanita Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is ... but nowadays they call it curation I think ...

Shanita, Apr 22, 2018 IP
  14. Bout Warrior

Bout Warrior Member

Best Answers:
    I'm late to the party but I do not think it's plagiarism. Like others have mentioned before, you have to place your own style and understanding into the subject matter for it to be unique to you.

Now look...basically above...I've rewritten what was stated in the threads before me. Have I plagiarized their responses? Or is it my own response? It's the same topic. It's similar statements to those before me. Interesting huh?

Bout Warrior, May 21, 2018 IP
  15. Igor M

Igor M Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything is a remix. Creative writers (and creative people in general) are developing their content based on everything they've previously absorbed. Also, an increasing number of blogs and other textual resources you'll find online is not written for the sake of information, educating people and similar, but rather to fulfill the goals of a particular business. Very often, copywriters write for clients without being familiar with industry the client belongs to. As a result, we're flooded by content that is actually rewritten. If this is the case, there are many online tools which can help you identify how original your content is.

Igor M, Aug 21, 2018 IP
  16. Marttex

Marttex Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed! There only 7 music notes and 26 letters in the alphabet. We all inevitably rely on something that has already been produced, before us.

Marttex, Aug 24, 2018 IP
  17. diray67

diray67 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello all members.
    I am Turkish webmaster. This subject is very important also in Turkish articles. We tried these all. We wrote 1 article. 1 Spin with bots. 1 rewrite.

Written article's ranking is very high.
    Rewrite article's ranking is not too bad.
    Spin article's ranking is not in 500.

So in Turkish you don't use spin. But i belive that, in English or another languages are more lucky.

diray67, Aug 24, 2018 IP
  18. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter the plagiarism checker shows the spin content plagiarism or not. But the content is copied and worthless for you because that content already posted on another website. Spinners do not make your content new they just change the words but thematically the meaning of the content is same so why the user wants to read the content again when thematically it is same.

Sumit_Singh, Aug 26, 2018 IP
  19. Coscom Inc

Coscom Inc Peon

Best Answers:
    Rewriting contents is not plagiarism

Coscom Inc, Aug 30, 2018 IP
  20. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you rewrite something that wasn't yours to begin with you are stealing the intellectual property of another. Therefore you are guilty of plagiarism. Try and spin it anyway you want, it wouldn't matter to me as I have little respect for thieves.

Spoiltdiva, Aug 30, 2018 IP