1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice about Marketing courses online

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Lisalotty, Mar 7, 2018.

Hi Guys, I'm looking for some advice as I am researching different Digital marketing courses and wonder if anyone has heard good reviws about certain courses that are available? I have been looking at Google squared, CIM through MMC learning, these two courses are around £2500, so are quite expensive, I will have to fund these myself as my employer will not support me. Does anyone have any advice how I can get qulified as I already work in marketing , just need to fine tune skills in Analytics, adwords, social media marketing and marketing strategy.
    Lisa

Lisalotty, Mar 7, 2018 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Mar 7, 2018 IP
  3. Jeffreyw

Jeffreyw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are free and affordable courses in Udemy.com, though that one that I purchased was about app project management.

Jeffreyw, Mar 7, 2018 IP
  4. JoeGrey

JoeGrey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can try looking for courses on Youtube as they always have free courses there. Can also try Udemy or Skillshare as they have free courses too.

JoeGrey, Mar 9, 2018 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Avoid, at all costs, any expensive (or even inexpensive) marketing courses that promise to provide you with otherwise unknown or secret methods for marketing success, online or offline. There are certainly basics in marketing that you should know and there are many free courses out there that will at least make you aware of the basics so that you can research and learn more. But beyond that, you are buying into a scam. No one, let me repeat NO ONE, who is having success with new approaches or special techniques will share that with the world until they have exhausted its usefulness to themselves, personally.

It's like the books that promise to show you the special secrets to become a millionaire. Anyone who knows a special, successful marketing/sales/investing method and has achieved success will not be interested in writing a book to share it with millions of people. They might share it with family or friends, but the people who are selling such "methods" to anyone with a few bucks in their pocket is not someone who has a secret method to share.

jrbiz, Mar 10, 2018 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  6. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know if this will help but the course I belong to works with bing not adwords. There is also training on social media as well..

kb24, Mar 22, 2018 IP
  7. bxqzblog

bxqzblog Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Almost all paid courses are a bad deal because you can get that information for free if you just try a bit. So many great things like the mixergy interviews I watched a couple years ago, anything your heart desired can be found for free.

Granted, it takes some time to do your own research but in your case, the course is very expensive at $2500. What would you prefer, doing an extra maybe 10 hours of research to find materials yourself or paying someone $2500? ;)

bxqzblog, Mar 22, 2018 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. Chiedo

Chiedo Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. There's a threshold though. If a course cost $100 or less, it's worth it. It saves you time.

But personally, in most cases, I'd rather by a book for $10-20. Perry Marshall put together a Google Adwords book that I thought was incredible.

Chiedo, Mar 28, 2018 IP
  9. dlassociates

dlassociates Peon

Best Answers:
    I would definitely try Udemy. I have purchased multiple courses from them, and they were $12 each. The courses range from completion time (the ones that I purchased ranged from 2 hours to 20 hours) which is worth the money for me (since the videos/learning material will never expire). Everything I have learned from those classes I have since implemented through my marketing/SEO tactics.

dlassociates, Mar 30, 2018 IP
  10. Drew Mann

Drew Mann Member

Best Answers:
    Adwords and Analytics - Get Google Partners certified. There is no cost for this just do your research how to prepare for it. As for the others, i would think udemy has come good courses on social media marketing.

Drew Mann, Apr 2, 2018 IP
  11. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    Instead of looking for a best course, I would recommend that you focus on strengthening your basic knowledge and understanding of digital marketing. Given that there is so much information online, before plunging into a course, it might help to read up first on various facets of digital marketing.

Pamela Turns, Apr 2, 2018 IP
  12. DanielBlue

DanielBlue Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    UDEMY? Why so many recommend UDEMY? All I found there about marketing is bad, old or both. Most stuff is so bad it’s not worth a cent! They offer some got training about “normal” stuff like photoshop, etc. but the rest you better get on youtube for free. In general it’s very hard to find quality about marketing on the web. Most so called teacher are just wannabes.

DanielBlue, May 20, 2018 IP
  13. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    But not all.

Pamela Turns, May 21, 2018 IP
  14. I-M teabwoi

I-M teabwoi Member

Best Answers:
    I really don't see the point in spending money on courses that cost $2500. Honestly that's a lot of money and there are way better courses for less money. You can find a good course for under $100 that would teach you the same thing you would learn in the more expensive course.

Most of the time the content you'll get in those expensive course are rehashed crap filmed with a HD camera and that's about it. Save your money and use that to invest in building some websites and investing in some tools.

The money making formula is simple Traffic --> Offer ---> Backend.

You need an offer which is something to sell people, then you need people that match that offer and then you collect their emails and build your email list. It's really that simple we just make it hard. Put in the work and you can build any type of business you want.

I-M teabwoi, May 25, 2018 IP