1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Quality score and CPC for different type of match type

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by redgorillas, Feb 21, 2018.

HI,

Wwe are launching 2 new Adwords campaign for 2 products. We have quite narrow niche with many low volume keywords.

So I was a bit lazy and for first product i have used keywords like "+blue +widget" and big list of negative keywords.

For second product i spent some time and selected around 20 exact matches keywords [blue widget].

So after 2 days i can see that exact match keywords has much better quality rating and lower CPC. Is that correct that we should avoid broad match keywords and focus on exact match?

redgorillas, Feb 21, 2018 IP
  2. devjeetsingh

devjeetsingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hmm...I think it could be just a specific case. Reaching on any conclusion without having sufficient data is bit unfair (remember; the more data you have to analysis, the more accurate result you will get). I'm putting 2 situations here:

1. What if your ad copies were more attractive with exact match keywords than broad match? In that case you will get higher CTR and as we all know, CTR contributes to QS and higher quality score means better ranking position on search result page at lower CPC.
    2. What if you had received some non-relevant (or may be partially relevant) clicks from broad match campaign and because your landing page was not very much related to those "Non Relevant" or "Partially Relevant" keywords so your QS went down because landing page experience is another deciding factor behind quality score for any keyword. Lower quality score is directly related to low ad rank and high CPC

There could be some other scenario as well. I would love to know about the quality score of your exact match and broad match keywords.

devjeetsingh, Feb 21, 2018 IP
  3. redgorillas

redgorillas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, thank you for your answer. Yes now i think you are right. There can be much more reasons for such behaivour. We will do further experiments.

redgorillas, Feb 22, 2018 IP