1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ad Extensions Clarification

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by misterdonman, Feb 7, 2018.

Hello everyone!

I've reading lately about Adwords (getting certified) and I have a question, what is the difference between a Callout Ad extension and a Structured snippet extension? Based on what I've read they're pretty much the same, is there any difference?

Thanks!

misterdonman, Feb 7, 2018 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here's a page that explains structured snippets well.

The big difference is really that callouts are meant to show more features and benefits. Not that's how most advertisers use them but that is the intent. Structured snippets are features. In fact, Google will precede your snippets with Features: followed by a list you provide so that's a clue right there. Also, you must categorize them. Take a look at the hotel example. If you have a pool and wifi, those may be good features to show that you wouldn't want in the main ad or not have room for. Of course you could put these in callouts - and many probably do or did before snippets came along - but I figure Google has a reason to provide "categorized callouts" as snippets seem to be.

Lucid Web Marketing, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  3. misterdonman

misterdonman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the clear explanation, quite useful!

misterdonman, Feb 18, 2018 IP