1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Two domains

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by highlow, Nov 10, 2017.

Hello everyone. I just need some help regarding having a two domains. I have a mybb forum site which is www.mybbforum.com and i also installed wordpress for the blogs that is linked to the forum which is in its subdirectory. www.mybbforum.com/blogs/ . My problem is i want to rebrand the blog but not the forum and i still want them to be connected with each other. I want to use a new domain for my wordpress blog with its old content. Can i use two domains for the content of www.mybbforum.com/blogs/ For example. BitcoinCanada.com but i still want www.mybbforum.com/blogs/ to stay. When they click or type BitcoinCanada.com, the content of www.mybbforum.com/blogs/ will show. Is it the only possible thing is to redirect my BitcoinCanada.com to www.mybbforum.com/blogs/? I also want that when i share it on facebook, the thumbnail would be BitcoinCanada.com and not www.mybbforum.com/blogs/ . Thank you very much for the help

highlow, Nov 10, 2017 IP
  2. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    On your hosting account, create more addon domain and type in your BitcoinCanada domain in the "New Domain Name" box. Then choose the Root Directory is your www.mybbforum.com/blogs/ directory.

daica85, Nov 16, 2017 IP
  3. highlow

highlow Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much. It solved the problem. But my only problem now is when i share an article from my blog on facebook. The domain on the thumbnail that showed is my old domain "mybbforum.com" and not bitcoincanada.com unless i will only type on Bitcoincanada.com then the domain that showed in the thumbnail is bitcoincanada.com. But when i share an article which link might be mybbforum.com/blog/article-test then the domain in the thumbnail is mybbforum. I tried to use the link bitcoincanda.com/blog/article-test and it showed the bitcoincanada.com in the thumbnail but
    500 Internal Server Error
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ $$%.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

highlow, Dec 26, 2017 IP
  4. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    daica85, Dec 29, 2017 IP
  5. RomanEpo

RomanEpo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of time internal error showing causes of htaccess or script miss-configuration issue.Check after disable htaccess file and give full permission to specific url script.

RomanEpo, Feb 17, 2018 IP