1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I want to scrape questions and answers from an online test

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Jay1335, Feb 17, 2018.

Hi all,

I am currently taking a lot of online tests and exams to prep for an in person one that I am taking in a couple months. The online tests are all pretty much the same, you open them in a separate browser, and you get questions and four answer choices. You click the answer and submit the question and it tell you if you got it right or wrong. Then you go to the next, etc. etc.

I am wanting a way to get all of those questions and the answer choices and correct answers in like a word document so that I don't have to be connected to wifi to be studying. Do you guys know of any way (some program or tool) that I can use that can go in and scrape all of those questions and answers into a text format? I think they are built in javascript.

Thanks!

Jay1335, Feb 17, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Take screenshots. It's probably a better use of your time than messing about to build a scraper.

sarahk, Feb 17, 2018 IP
  3. Jay1335

Jay1335 Peon

Best Answers:
    True but then I have to take hundreds of screenshots. I would think there is something pre-built that would allow me to do this but I'm not familiar enough with programming

Jay1335, Feb 17, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Indeed, but you'd have to go to hundreds of pages to do the scraping too

It's unlikely the system would let you start on page #1 and let you automate the answer to go to the next page and scrape through all the pages if you kept making wrong choices

sarahk, Feb 17, 2018 IP
  5. phpmillion

phpmillion Member

Best Answers:
    You can surely scrap all questions and answers, but how do you expect to also mark the correct answer in scrapped results? Unless that website highlights the correct answer when you view the question, which would be insane.

Of course, it's also possible to extract correct answers if test website displays a complete list of all questions/answers with correct answers highlighted when test is taken and results are calculated.

phpmillion, Feb 19, 2018 IP
  6. telboy

telboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you have an example page?

telboy, Feb 26, 2018 IP